Propane hose identification

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Rusty1778, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Rusty1778

Rusty1778 New Member

First post on the forum, I've been using it a lot! I'm restoring a 1979 Lionel pop up and I need help identifying a propane hose so I can buy a replacement. It goes from the regulator to trailer. 3/8" NPT on regulator side, similar size flare fitting of some sort on trailer side (goes into copper hard line), 24" length. In this Lionel, all the propane runs is a small cook top.

Is this a standard hose? What are they called? Finding the regulator itself and pigtail to the tank was easy . If not standard where do you go to get something like this made?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Hose.jpg

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The male flare is not seen much anymore. Just get a more common hose with a female end and use a brass connector fitting.

3. rabird

rabird Howdy!

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

You could also make it yourself with a flare tool and some copper tubeing. Its not easy though.

5. Rusty1778

Rusty1778 New Member

Thanks for the responses, I found a 22" propane hose that would need a single male-male flare fitting to work so I'm going to try that. Copper sounds good (I have a flare kit for brake lines etc) but i'm not sure how it would look going up the exterior.

6. Rusty1778

Rusty1778 New Member

I would but I'm guessing the shipping to Canada would be too high!