PU slide in truck campers

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Bev1940, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Bev1940

Bev1940 New Member

I'm looking for info on repairing a 1991 Jayco Pop up slide-in truck camper. The camper is in excellent shape except where water got into the roof through a break in the front top seam of the pop-up, cabinets, fridge & stove look like new, floor is solid and dinette cushions show no wear! I'm wondering if repairing the ceiling from the inside and replacing the chipboard that's between the roof and the ceiling with something better, maybe marine plywood, is feasible and where can I get schematics for a camper this old? I printed off the only Jayco Owners Manual that I could find but it's mostly for PU trailers! Any info would be appreciated!

2. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Is the roof solid where the lift attaches? I think that's pretty crucial. I don't think you'll find schematics but it should be a pretty basic system. It's hard to hide anything on a popup TC! You might find some insight on rebuilds here: https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forums/pop-up-truck-campers.75/

Good luck! (I'm loading up my slide-in popup right now and leaving the luxury popup trailer at home. Hard to beat a TC for some things!)

3. Bev1940

Bev1940 New Member

Thank you for answering my thread. The roof seems solid, the problem is from water getting in between the roof membrane and the ceiling thru a broken seam in the front seam over the cab. The chipboard used in the ceiling is water-soaked. I planned on taking the ceiling down and replacing the wood. The rest of the TC is in really good shape I'd like to fix it! Enjoy your TC trip !

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Pictures tell a thousand words.