PUG Coverage

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by strangiato, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:22 PM.

1. strangiato

strangiato Member

Hi All,
    We got our PUGs about two weeks ago and got them installed before our first trip this past weekend. All of the pictures that I've seen of PUGs have an overhang at the end of the bunk. On both of our bunks, the end of the PUG is a few inches short of the end.
    We mounted the 2" hook side of the velcro just above the metal edge molding of the roof and attached the PUG to the top edge of the hook side. I could move it down to the bottom edge, but we'd only gain about an inch. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the hook side mounted.
    Is it possible that they made them the wrong size for us?

Attached Files:

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Mine barely get to the edge. They would overhang better if I didn't have it velcroed. I think when they add velcro he really needs to add a couple inches. Some roofs you can't put velcro right on the bottom, like mine, which takes up a couple valuable inches. When I replace mine I will ask for extra length.

3. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

You both may have the Velcro attachment point too high up in the lid. Full photos would help (lid to end of bunk-end).

4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I think most people put the Velcro right over the seal on the roof. In my case I have an ABS roof, and there is an inverted lip right above the roof seal. I had to go up over that lip to get to a flat spot, otherwise I would have been putting the Velcro on a sharp curve which didn't look like it would work all that well.

5. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Photos please.

6. strangiato

strangiato Member

I plan to pop it up in the next day or two, so I can get some pictures. Steve, I tried to follow your pics from memory when I put it on since my roof is constructed the same as yours.

PopUpSteve likes this.