PUG Delamination

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by adrianpglover, Dec 22, 2020.

1. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

Ordered my second set of PUGs back in February, one new bunkend cover, one new slideout cover, and pulled a spare bunkend cover out of storage. Got back from a Thanksgiving camping trip and setup the camper for about 2 weeks to do some work on it and cleaning before garaging it for the cooler months. Had the PUGs installed the entire time. Went to put the camper away and then found that this had happened to my slideout cover.

20201218_105857.jpg 20201218_105902.jpg 20201218_105907.jpg

During the 2 week period the camper was setup we did have some wind, but nothing like what the previous set of PUGs had seen at Mustang Island alone, not to mention the various storms they saw in their previous 5 years of use. We live outside of Houston, so it's not like we get the wind of many other parts of the country. The outer layer with the metal foil is fully delaminated from the interior mesh and is coming off and flapping around.

Has anyone else seen delamination in their PUGs before?

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

That dosen't look good. If its just what you say, contact them directly. From what i hear they stand behind there product.
    That almost looks like something was spilled on them? Where were they stored?

PopUpSteve likes this.
  3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

From my previous experience, yes, Bob stands behind his product. I just have been rather busy lately and haven't called him about it yet. I'll probably do it in a day or two. We won't be going back out camping again until February/March, if I ever get around to making reservations.
    I always fold the PUGs a certain way to keep down on the excess creases and put them just inside the door of the camper on top of a tote, laying flat. Nothing other than rain, dew, tree sap, and bird waste ever gets on these. My bunk end covers don't show this kind of damage either, so it's a bit strange to me.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. popupgizmo

popupgizmo Member

Hi Adrian,
    Give us a call after the holidays and we'll take care of this for you.
    Season greetings!
    Bob Pitney
    PopupGizmos

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

See , stand up guys and gals there!

PopUpSteve likes this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Mine did that as well but I have been using mine for 3-4 years now. No heavy use though, as I only get out a couple times a year. In my case it was more an issue that I really needed a couple xtra inches on the top for the Velcro. On mine the roof design is a little different and it put too much tension on it and silver part completely pulled out from the stitching. I'll probably order a new set if I ever get the chance to camp again but request he add a couple inches. I did get some delamination like yours this year though. I figured it was due to age storing them in the front trunk. Tx summer heat can cause problems like that.