Pugs--nice to have or necessary?

Discussion in 'PopUp Gizmos' started by Muller 5, Jan 29, 2019.

1. tcbrady

tcbrady Active Member

Thanks! I was actually looking into doing the J-channel mod. I bought some "RV gutter extensions" and plan to attach those to the J-channel. Just need to find the correct size J-channel then I can start retrofitting everything.

HappyTraveler likes this.
  2. rjhammetter

rjhammetter Husband, Dad, Engineer & Camper

We never tried PUGs, but probably should have. We bought our PUP brand new, but forewent an A/C, thinking we wouldn't need it. Big mistake. Our PUP was a sauna, even with windows unzipped, especially in lawn/open sites, especially with no breeze. Our thermometer inside showed it would easily reach 90-100 deg midday or 10-20 deg higher than outdoor ambient with open windows and fantastic fan running. We generally avoided being inside during the day. Our next step would have been $800 or whatever PUP A/C units run. That investment ultimately weighed into us buying our TT. I don't know if PUGs would have helped, but for $80, we should have tried.