Pulled the trigger and going to the Dark Side.

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by drosengrant, Aug 5, 2019.

1. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

Last week I ordered a 2020 Rockwood Roo 235S. The wife is happy as it has a bathroom and shower for her and my daughter. Lots of storage and room inside even a fire place not real but will make a great night light. It also has nice outside kitchen. The bed ends are still canvas so it still feels like a tent with lots of room and features.

The worst part is now the wait 6 to 8 weeks to get it. But it is being built the way I wanted and the price was great. Then I have a 9 hour ride too pick it up but will camp while out there testing everything out. I already wired a 30 amp box on the side of the house and I have a sewer clean out 6 feet away. Also searching for things that I need to purchase. Not that I am anxious or excited. (Like a kid in a candy store)

I have enjoyed my 2004 Coleman Santa Fe popup for the last 15 years but getting close to retirement and looking to travel more around the country. The setup on the Roo will be easier and less time consuming.

2. Annunzi

Annunzi Member

Congrats on your new trailer! I love the hybrids as you get the best of both worlds. The hard side walls and full bathroom of a tt and still lots of light and and openness with the tent bunk ends.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Welcome to the darkside.. now we want pictures or it didn't happen ..lol

kcsa75 likes this.
  4. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new trailer. Really you went gray with the Hybrid. Have fun. I sure enjoy mine.

kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. joet

joet Well-Known Member

You won't regret the change. Makes life soo much eaiser

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome to the dark side, y'all will love it....Good Luck and happy camping

7. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! We went completely dark back in 2017. I still miss falling asleep and waking up to the sounds of the great outdoors (sleeping with the windows open just isn't the same), but otherwise, we love the extra space and DW loves the bathroom.

rjhammetter likes this.
  8. Toni Arnold

Toni Arnold New Member

I am going to the dark side as well.[:D]
    I've only had my pup for a couple of months, but I realized ( my brother & dad convinced me too) that being a female camping alone, I need something more secure. Plus, its a pain setting the thing up and breaking it down each time and forget about it if I leave something in there I need when its closed. I wanted to just take off for a couple of days camping but the thought of all the work involved was a kill joy.

So, tomorrow I'm picking up my 2012 Forest River Viking travel trailer. It's a perfect size and has everything I need but the best part is a solid, locking door. I have reservations for the beach campground in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.

kcsa75 and rjhammetter like this.
  9. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

You wont look back. Set up is so much easier and no wet canvas. The security when we leave for the day and at night is load off my mind. Liked my PUP but love my TT.

rjhammetter and Toni Arnold like this.