Pump INLINE fuse

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by Manper, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Manper

Manper New Member

can anyone tell me where the inline fuse is that runs from the pump to the gally area. what does it look like? for the 2nd time this season I have no power what so ever and am told the inline fuse is the culprit however each time have torn apart the camper to get to the pump i can not find the fuse. I just spent a weekend camping with no heat, lights or water in my camper which makes me mad cause I bought it to use it for that purpose. (PUGS work great and helped keep us warm) There is a red wire that leads to a black thin connector piece that then has another red wire running out the other side. Is that the inline fuse?? I am so frustrated and confused and do not want to go spend more money and wasted time at the camper repair shop waiting 3+ weeks for them to spend one hour and cost me $200+ for yet another fix that doesnt work. please if you can help, give advise or try this or that please please post.
    I have a Coleman E3

2. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

I'm not familiar with your particular make/model, but typically DC circuits like the lights, water pump, etc are fused at the converter front panel.

The in-line fuse others are referring to is typically on the main 12V wire close to the battery + terminal.

3. tsc

tsc Member

4. Scrimmy

Scrimmy New Member

....nice where is it on an E-3

5. cpd1343

cpd1343 New Member

On mine there are some inline fuses under the cover of the converter/wiring.

6. Retired Alex

Retired Alex New Member

If you had no lights, no pump and no heat you are looking for more than an in line fuse to the pump. Start checking all the fuses in the converter panel. Make sure the main converter fuse has not blown. Are you hooked to shore power or are you trying to run off battery? Is your battery fully charged? Have you checked the circuit breakers? Give us some more info to work with.