Pup as a Travel Bug

Discussion in 'GPS / Geocaching & Mapping Applications' started by mckeapc67, Mar 9, 2011.

1. HappyFamily

HappyFamily Member

Our PUP is a travelbug too! We got the large magnetic one, punched a hole in the top, and hang it from the canopy of the camper when camping. People who don't geocache don't see it, but those who do recognize what it is right away! Sort of a secret society isn't it? LOL

2. SolarEclipse

SolarEclipse PopUp Newb

Love this idea! When we get ours on the road next year, I am totally doing this!

My wife and I have been geocachers (on and off) for 10 years. The kids really got into it this year on our annual camping trip, so after not being very active for a few years it was fun to get back into it.

I'm also SolarEclipse on geocaching.com.

3. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Yeah, hey there. I'm also Team Wrenchgear on geo.com

I'm still trying to figure if turning the Pup into a Travel Bug will work. I didn't get much of a response to the question of if it works or not. I guess all I can do is try and see what happens.

4. mar-ine

mar-ine Member

You can make a travelbug from your pop. You can buy a sticker with the TB. Make a nice page. Then let the discovering begin.
    We have it on the towing vehicle and had it on our caravan. When the pop is ready we make it a travelbug. ;-)

5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

I know I can make it into a TB, the question is, 'will it get any action of discoveries'?

According to CoolDad, he hasn't had any action on his yet, after having the stickers on the Pup for 'quite a while'. I just wonder if it's worth doing it or not.

6. mar-ine

mar-ine Member

We go often to an geocache event than you get discoveries. During normal camping you will not get many discoveries. During driving normally you do not get much discoveries.