Pup Cover Suggestions

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by Ken Lane, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Ken Lane

Ken Lane Active Member

With the onset of the storage season coming on in a few months I am looking for cover suggestions for my Pup. The manufacturer says it is 17' long but that must include the tongue since my box size is only 10 ft. I have an AC unit on the top too. I understand I need a breathable cover to reduce dampness inside. Any recommendations will be appreciated. I will be storing it in my backyard on the lawn, any precautions concerning the tires, should I block the trailer up off the ground? TN has a winter rainy season so I want to be sure to protect it from the effects of the rain and some snow from time to time.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I would just pull it on some wood( just the tires) and get the breatheable cover . They say the cover only last like 3 years, so i went with the cheapest one on amazon. It was like 60-90 bucks , so 20-30 bucks a season.

3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

We have this one from eTrailer.
    CA80039- Classic Accessories Deluxe PolyPro III Heavy-Duty Pop-Up Camper Cover - 10' - 12' Long
    I pulled it off today for camping prep, and the corners are worn through after two years. The square corners on the Aliners are hard on covers. I may try some iron-on patch material to get another year out of it.

4. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

That would be no on the iron on patches. The fabric will melt before the patches adhere. Maybe if you put something between the iron patch and cover, but will the patch get hot enough to stick? (not on my cover, sigh)
    Try fabric tape instead.
    But I also have a camco cover that has lasted longer than the addco cover did and at 1/2 the price.

WrkrBee likes this.
  5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Wally world has stick on patches which work well on my TV drivers seat. Might be an option for you

6. Sjm9911

Duck tape it ,lol . 3 years is probably the max on these things.

7. Sjm9911

Duct tape. Lol

8. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Vegas_PUPpers likes this.
  9. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

You should also think about tire covers, including the spear tire. And a cover for the the propane tanks which would also cover and exposed hoses. All these item can suffer UV damage.

10. mattlreese

mattlreese Active Member

Whatever cover I bought was killed by the Sun. My popup is parked in the driveway which has full southern exposure. The top completely disintegrated after only a few months.