1. Bryon Wright

Bryon Wright New Member

Does anyone have opinions, good or bad, about covering you popup while in storage? I’ve seen using a tarp can cause mildew. Is that the same for the covers made for pups? Any recommendations on what kind of cover to get if I go that route? Water seems to get in the outside vents around my refrigerator and hot water heater so I need to do something. I’m in Kansas and have a 2004 Coachman Clipper 1265 st Classic. Thanks

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

You've asked a hot button question. You are about to get answers that will have a wide range of opinions.

I cover my pup with a breathable tarp like THIS one. These type of covers protect against UV rays and grime buildup but are not very durable. Mine has lasted three years but will need to be replace next season. I like the way they keep my pup clean between uses.

Sjm9911 and Bryon Wright like this.
  3. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Un-Supported Member

DO NOT get this from eTrailer:
    Classic Accessories Deluxe PolyPro III Heavy-Duty Pop-Up Camper Cover - 10' - 12' Long
    Item # CA80039

It has a 3 year warranty, but did not make it 2 years. I'm conversing with eTrailer now. I sent them pictures to show the fabric failures. They wanted me to send it back to be repaired. There is no repairing this, since all the "fabric" is turning to powder. You need a respirator to put it on and off. They finally conceded to send a new one. Don't know if I want another one like it. Another thing about this cover. I can put a solar panel under the cover, and it charges! I know that it is doing nothing to stop sun damage, if it can run a solar panel through it.

I also have ordered a cover from National Covers to replace this one.

4. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Would something like this work for you?

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Most last at most 3 years. Get a chelo one on amazon. The breathable kind. Mine lasted well at the 2 year mark. Not looking forward to year 3!

6. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

I used a breathable Adco cover on my HTT for 4 years, first one lasted 1 year, second one lasted 3. For my pups I used a big blue or silver tarp with pool noodles under it for air flow. Did this for 6 years in nw Ohio and never had any issues.

ThreeDoodlebugs and wmgeorge like this.
  7. davekro

davekro Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

How did you arrange the noodles? Did you secure them or just snug the tarp over them to keep them in place?

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I also used a tarp but essentially made a tent over the camper by using buckets, pool noodles, and the AC gave it plenty of breathing room above the camper I tried to use a pool noodle propped on the edge to allow the air to move up along the side to the top but the noodles shifted. The tarp was a heavy duty tarp and lasted a good two seasons until we got a massive windstorm and the tarp literally disintegrated. Nothing left but tiny pieces spread all throughout the field.

davekro likes this.
  9. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

My Camco cover has about had it in year 3. Ok for the money - under $140 is a reasonable price point as long as you understand it won't last past 3 years. Tarp? Yeah, with breathing supports, but not for me - we're up on a hilltop and it would be guaranteed to blow far far away.