Pup FNG has arrived!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sobrbiker, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker New Member

I just registered after lurking a week or so.
    My wife and I got married last week (both in our forties, both have learned what we don't want in marriages [;)].
    We're both clean and sober for a bit, and camp 4-5 times a year with our "family"-a great group of ex-drunk bikers that make it a mission to have a blast in recovery.
    Anyway, we've grown weary of tenting but aren't wanting to go to a full RV experience, so we decided a little bit back to get ourselves a pop up for our wedding present.

With the help of what I've learned here over the past few days we found ourselves a 1989 Coleman Chesapeake that's usable and will be awesome with a little TLC.

I look forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge and experience here to get the most out of our pup!

2. theyellowbeard

theyellowbeard Active Member

Welcome to the portal from Illinois.

3. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

welcome from nor-cal, I know you're gonna have fun, and clean and sober means you'll remember it [;)]

4. Ronm

Ronm New Member

welcome from Colorado
    we are new also, getting too old too sleep on ground, DW picked a hw29sc, having a blast adding accessories!
    Ron & Liz

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Welcome from NM.
    Arizona is one of the places we camp every year. We just met Tucson friends at Kartchner Caverns SP for Thanksgiving.

6. AAHallocks

AAHallocks New Member

Hi, We are a couple of sober campers as well. We currently live in Arizona, but are planning to move to Florida by the end of this year. We also do most of our camping with our family of choice, mostly at roundups or planned campfire get-togethers. We don't have a pop-up yet but are looking. Once purchased it will be our 5th. one with 2 travel trailers and 2 fifth wheels in there as well. Our vehicle will only tow up to 3500 gvwr, so we are searching. Hopefully soon, as there are a couple of roundups coming up. Tom and Fran

7. XKPin

XKPin There's no situation so bad it can't be made worse

Welcome from Virginia! Can't say I've ever tried EXTREME -dry- camping but I find a campfire, a loon calling on a lake, and a moonlit night a perfect high that can't be beat!
    I left my biking world behind because I found camping with -luxuries?- to suit me better as I became more chronologically enhanced. Miss the bike though; but the bed, the kitchen, the zero gravity recliner and a steak searing over some coals a significant compensation.

8. kreeves

kreeves She and her two dogs

Welcome from WV. Sold my hard side camper a couple years ago because I couldn't pull it anywhere. Missed camping and purchased a Dutchman Duck a couple months ago. It is in the garage set up and I'm in the middle of a remodel. Looking forward to getting out this spring

9. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Congratulations and much happiness. Make new memories together and happy camping!

10. shuang2

shuang2 Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome to the portal from your neighbors Phoenix Arizonan! Happy camping!

11. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Welcome from Texas , a fellow Coleman owner 1993 . Plenty of info here. Keep us posted. Txbum