PUP Information Tag Missing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by bruceac1, Jul 30, 2011.

1. bruceac1

bruceac1 Member

I have a '87 Palomino TXL. The tag / plate giving GVW and stuff like that, is not mounted on the side of the pup. Is there another place it should be or located? I wrote / emailed Palomino and all I got back was that the records for that time period were destroyed in a fire and that the lady thinks the GVW might be 2500#. If anyone can relate what is on the nameplate, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Bruce

2. turborich

turborich Active Member

I would try searching online with the model number or maybe the title lists the weight?

If Palomino can't look it up via the VIN number then I would weigh it at the scales and see what the empty weight is. Not sure what else to suggest.

You do have a title & VIN number, correct?

3. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

The only thing we found on our '84 Palomino was a metal tag on the tongue/A-frame with the VIN & model number scribed onto it. I don't think it has the weights on it, I can't get to it enough to read it at the moment, since it is popped up.

4. rabird

rabird Howdy!

5. Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme N. Fond du Lac, Wis.

My '85 Pal also had a plate on the A-frame, inscribed with the model, VIN and weight. As your TXL is the 14 ft. model, what you were told by Palomino is close to correct at 2500 lbs. My 12 ft. MXL was stickered at 2000 lbs. HTH.

6. bruceac1

bruceac1 Member

Thanks very much for the info. I figured that it was under 2K when I brought it home with my Explorer and I barely knew it was there. When I looked at the registration papers there were no weights listed. The only thing I looked at when I was on the NADA site was the current listed price. It wasn't until later I found that I was missing everything else.
    Thanks again for all the replies.