pup insurance

Campit

EAT SLEEP CAMP
Sep 16, 2011
Yep, the 'ole' gal is insured. Our policy cost is really cheap and for our piece of mind, it's worth it. I would look in to it if I was you.

Campit

Pilot371

Jan 24, 2011
Wouldn't not have it.

We havea separate policy that specialiazes in RV insurance - lowest rate I coudl find, and much better coverage than with my carrier.

Paid off too - Our new popup last year while camping towards end of summer, had a bad stomr come through, lots of damage around us, and when we packe dup found out a branch ha dpunctured the roof.

Insurance covered a new roof - Over $3000.
We paid the $300 deductable.

Great service, and no increase in rates this year - 1 accident forgiveness so to speak.

Really glad we have the insurance, and wouldn;t not have it

huntero1975

Jul 23, 2012
yep we bought ours for cash and put insurance on it. It is crazy cheap like 8 bucks a month.

100 for theft and breakage, 500 for collision deductibles. So if it gets damaged in a storm it gets fixed for 100 bucks..

Hoomi

I write everything the voices in my head tell me.
Jul 20, 2012
IIRC, it only added about $30 every 6 months to our auto insurance policy to add the pup. For less than many people spend on coffee in a month, we make sure the pup is covered.

WannaTravel

Mar 17, 2009
Southern Maryland
Ooh....ooh!! Finally something I feel I can contribute to on here... [LOL]

We had full coverage on ours ($10+ or - per month avg).

Since that derecho rolled through at the end of last June, I'm very very glad we had that full coverage.

The insurance company handed over a very nice check about two weeks ago. I would have been MUCH MUCH more sad/depressed/upset/angry/mad/frustrated had it not been insured. [:D] [:D] [:D]

daveo1289

Super Active Member
Apr 24, 2012
Rochester NY
I had insurance on my PUP but cancelled it this year. As most have said, the TV policy covers it and the home owners covers it. Outside of liability, nothing else to cover. I am considering the AAA insurance for roadside issues however.

stovepipe

Jul 10, 2012
WannaTravel said:
Ooh....ooh!! Finally something I feel I can contribute to on here... [LOL]

We had full coverage on ours ($10+ or - per month avg).

Since that derecho rolled through at the end of last June, I'm very very glad we had that full coverage.

The insurance company handed over a very nice check about two weeks ago. I would have been MUCH MUCH more sad/depressed/upset/angry/mad/frustrated had it not been insured. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Just out of curiosity, what was damaged on the pup or was it totalled? Did the insurance company get estimates for repair or did you find a shop and do that yourself? Don't mean to pry, just curious.

phildbeat

Mar 2, 2012
Awesome deal on N2U '03 Bayside / (divided by) oak tree limb [{}=] + pup insurance + NADA value - deductable = awesome deal on N2U '05 Niagara. [8D]

stovepipe

Jul 10, 2012
phildbeat said:
Awesome deal on N2U '03 Bayside / (divided by) oak tree limb [{}=] + pup insurance + NADA value - deductable = awesome deal on N2U '05 Niagara. [8D]

2q0rfw4.jpg

daveman

Jun 10, 2012
Having bought new yep, it's well insured...the cost is like 11$ a month or something crazy like that. Well worth it.

Also added it to the CAA (AAA) plus plan....just in case :)

babar

Don't throw effort after foolishness
Jul 23, 2012
our PUP is 38yrs old, but I still got it insured. Tiny, negligible price to pay if anything should happen. Given that my auto and/or home owners would potentially cover the claim - having my PUP individually insured means I only have to worry about THAT deductible, not the $1000 on my home or $500 on my auto. It's like $100 deductible, and I only paid $100/yr. Way more worth it to me to have the "in-case-$#!t" than not have it.
Also, Progressive reduced my rates for adding the trailer, so in the end, the premium was FREE. Covered. Own Plan. It was sweet.

RobertGreenlee

Mar 28, 2012
Paid about $100 for the first year of the N2U Pup in March and 2 months later a huge hail storm did almost $4000 in damage to it. I think it was worth having the insurance.
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Tracysues

Mar 20, 2012
I have mine covered with full coverage, as well. I rest easy, with being a newbie to pupping and towing, makes me feel a lot more comfortable!!