PUP Outdoor Stove/Coleman Tailgate Grill

Jstansell

Apr 11, 2021
Greetings all, took our N2U PUP out for the first time this weekend. I’m looking for some advice on ways to hook the outdoor stove and my Coleman Tailgate grill up at the same time to the output propane line on the PUP. Both the stove and grill have the connection that fits on the 1lb bottles. This is the same type of connector that runs out of the underside of the PUP.
I haven’t been able to find any kind of adapter for that fitting that doesn’t convert to the ACME 20lb adapter. The stove mounts on the side of the PUP and I will be grilling about 5-10 ft away, which I know I can get an extension hose for that.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated!

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Generally a trailer will have what's known as a 1/4" quick connect to run your propane appliances. This will look similar to the ball lock on an air fitting. If you search for 1/4" quick connect to 1lb bottle you will see some hoses that are on the market. The problem is that the propane from the trailer will already be regulated and then when you connect your stove etc. it may/will not work. Personally, I prefer to cook away from the trailer so for our setup I keep a 20lb tank at the picnic table and use a Tee to run a line to my stove and a line to a small BBQ that have the 1lb style ends on them to hook up to the stove and BBQ.

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
You have a high pressure threaded connection on your popup.. all you need is a splitter and 2 extension hoses..

Jstansell

Apr 11, 2021
Generally a trailer will have what's known as a 1/4" quick connect to run your propane appliances. This will look similar to the ball lock on an air fitting. If you search for 1/4" quick connect to 1lb bottle you will see some hoses that are on the market. The problem is that the propane from the trailer will already be regulated and then when you connect your stove etc. it may/will not work. Personally, I prefer to cook away from the trailer so for our setup I keep a 20lb tank at the picnic table and use a Tee to run a line to my stove and a line to a small BBQ that have the 1lb style ends on them to hook up to the stove and BBQ.
Thanks for the reply, it’s not a quick disconnect. I’m attaching a picture of the connector at the trailer. I plan on cooking with the grill away from the PUP but would still like to be able to share the connector port between the two. 6048B573-8C60-4BFC-A6B3-4B59EC35A8AA.jpeg

Jstansell

Apr 11, 2021
You have a high pressure threaded connection on your popup.. all you need is a splitter and 2 extension hoses..
That’s what I was thinking, do you know the size of that fitting so I make sure I get the correct splitter?

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the reply, it’s not a quick disconnect. I’m attaching a picture of the connector at the trailer. I plan on cooking with the grill away from the PUP but would still like to be able to share the connector port between the two. View attachment 73621

You are right. That's very different from what I've got on mine. I've only come across the quick connects on rvs before.

Follow Snow's advice from above. I wish I had an unregulated connection point like that on my pop up!

Jstansell

Apr 11, 2021
After doing a quick search I found these two items, which along with the extension hoses seems like they could work. Steak Saver Adapter off the trailer to the y splitter then the extension hoses.
Can someone confirm this or am I creating more work than needed?
5EC06FB1-2939-42F6-88B3-5F7289378EB7.png E35E3CF6-2B71-455A-BA93-531D77391A37.png

Dave2514g

Sep 2, 2019
Ontario, Canada
It doesn't look like there's a market for a wye or tee that would mate to that style fitting since its normally on a disposable tank... which is pretty much the missing item here.

I dont see any reason why what you suggested wouldn't work...

Screw adapter to trailer fitting.
Screw wye splitter to adapter.
Screw hoses to splitter and to appliances.

Probably just leave the adapter and splitter permanently connected if they are capped to keep dirt away and hook up the hoses when you get to site.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
I bought this one some years ago.

Add a tee.

As others have started, you have a high pressure port - Coleman/Fleetwood did that for a couple years. It is the standard threaded connection - get the tee and an extension hose and you should be fine.

afidmt

Jun 3, 2015
Colorado Springs, CO
I have the same problem -- I have an Xcursion grill and it uses the 1 lb cylinders -- I keep it simpe for my set up -- I have a Y connecter for my propane tank - with a hose that hooks to it - and then an extension that I hook to the grill - if you really want to get creative - replace that hose that connects to the Y adapter with a LAmp Post that attaches to the propane tank and that will give you 4 additional High pressure ports that you can attach other gas items to -- my other is a Gas Fire pit -- Colorado has been in Fire bans - so no campfires - so only pits - Good luck -- and happy camping

Y ext.jpg Y hose 1.jpg Y hose.jpg Y.jpg

Latest posts