Pupping the single life??

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Haybale, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

How many single puppers, who else are single parents??

I have been single since May 2013, bought my first pup September 2013 and have been single since...

Think I should sell the pup to get back in the dating scene??? [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] NOPE!!!!

2. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

How many are single cause of the pup? [:D]

inthedirt likes this.
  3. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

I feel like I'm single when I'm out camping in my PUP because DH doesnt really like to camp Does that count?

4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

A couple years ago we had a single guy camping across from us who was trying real hard not to be single...for one night anyway. [:D] [LOL]

5. idler

idler Member

I bring my 100 lb dog with me.

6. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

I think I would be If I had said no to the Hybrid.

7. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

Oh yes indirectly! Interesting..... .

8. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Single here too. Though it sure is not the pop-ups fault. If anything I'm attracting attention. Get rid of camping, nope not gonna happen. I cherish my freedom to mother nature, It's my own little love affair.

9. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

Now single also. My wife and I started tent camping, went to a conversion van, a Dutchmen pup, and then a Jayco TT which we had to sell after a couple of years and stopped camping in 2012 due to her MS. Shortly after, she was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer and passed away two years ago. I inherited her Shi Tzu, Emily, who loved the campgrounds as much or more than I did, so I bought my current Jayco pup. Emily had to be put down about a year ago due to multiple untreatable tumors so now I camp alone. Mother Nature and the outdoors are my companions but I still enjoy meeting and talking to fellow campers although often I prefer to go to places and at times when there are few other people.

10. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Married with a son. However, my wife does not like camping. She paid her camping dues when she was much younger, and in cub scouts. I use the PUP almost exclusively with just my son, and we have a blast. Looking forward to this year when he can help more with setup and take down, as that is the most frustrating aspect of camping for me (mainly because I take too much stuff!).

11. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

I am going to camping single this weekend... oh well along with my teenage son. My wife does NOT like dry camping although its gonna rain this weekend [:D]. She love to camp where there's full hookups.

Now its gonna rain this weekend, I'll need to Scotchguard myself...

12. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

It seems the past 2yrs ive been single camping. Wife gave up on it and while the kids like it, its a hassle getting them there. Once there its ok. Im making this yrs plans and decided all will be solo trips and if anyone wants to go, they need to be ready when i pull out. I know it sounds harsh but if i try to plan with everyone, i never go camping!

13. PATMD

PATMD SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

14. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

hahhaha

15. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'd be single if I could lift my swing galley. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] (just kidding)

16. ny_rocking_chairs

ny_rocking_chairs Active Member

Got the Pup so the DW would go camping...I prefer back-packing into the back country but she's not into that and the kids are too young for that yet, so I get a few "single" camping trips a year back-packing and the rest of it is family camping in the pup.

17. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

I got the upgraded PUP so that DH would go camping with me more often, but sadly, it didn't help much. He's just not an outdoor person, sigh. On the flip side, it gives us quality time for ourselves and we love seeing each other at the end of a long weekend. I try to get out once/month (ahh, living in SoCal is great for my camping addiction). He gets lots of computer and pizza time without me around to nag him about house projects and eating healthy.

18. HotelRoyale

HotelRoyale Member

I was widowed about a year ago. Before she passed, my late wife and I were about to buy a TT as she couldn't help with the set up any more. Since it's just me now, I went back to a pup for the 360 view. And because the salesman at Camping World told me popups are chick magnets ... [LOL]

19. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

I always start out every camping trip "single". My DW comes in after a few days because of family commitments. It gives me time to relax and just kick back. It's funny though. I'll set the camper up the way I like it with all the little things out and she'll come in and rearrange things the way she wants them.

20. carriermnky

carriermnky Member

What a fun thread. When the kids were little I would take them out alone and leave the DH home. Kids are grown and I'm ready to go back on the road again. Once I got this PUP PUP all back to one piece. I'll be dragging friends to go with.

[CP] [CP] [CP] [CP]