PUP's Christmas Gift!

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Keith Hawkins, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Keith Hawkins

Keith Hawkins Active Member

Just picked this puppy up last night $49.00 at Princess Auto. Can't wait to get the PUP out in the spring and start using it!

Could not add the handle to my home made set of wheels for this price.

Attached Files:

2. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

love this idea but would like a hand brake on it just to keep it from pushing me down the hill.

3. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Active Member

Thanks for the idea. It's on my Aliner's wish list. [ALPU]

4. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Snow is at Princess Auto in Mississauga right now! I betcha he's getting me one of those!

5. idler

idler Member

I like! The wheel on my trailer tongue is so small.

6. iamgb1

iamgb1 Member

I have one of those that I use for my smaller trailers. It's great, and makes moving them around much easier, especially the ones I keep in the garage. Unfortunately my [PU] is too heavy to move by hand at 3,000lbs dry weight. [:(]

7. momontai

momontai Nothing beats the smell of a campfire in the air.

If I had a flat driveway that would be awesome. Unfortunately I have a very steep downhill driveway so moving the trailer with anything but the TV is out.

8. Wrenchgear

Same here. My driveway isn't a super steep hill, but its bad enough. It's just over 3 vehicles (pick up trucks) long, but it drops about 4 feet down to the road. Everything wants to roll out to the road.

9. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Ahhh No!! ... If your Ford can't move your trailer maybe you need something like a Toyota or Nissan... [:P]
    Actually PA in Mississauga didn't have any...

And before you say it... Got me new sneakers for the truck.. So won't be getting stuck with this truck (tv #2 which is the one that got stuck is another story at the moment)

[​IMG]

10. Wrenchgear

Yeah, those are some good looking skins there. They should get the job done.

11. Loess Hills Sun Valley

Loess Hills Sun Valley New Member

Those trailer dollies are great! Where it's level, you can find a height where this and the camper's "tricycle wheel" are all on the ground when sitting, then raise the tricycle wheel when you want to move it. I pull across level lawn all the time by hand, and my 3-yr-old was pushing our 900-lb trailer in circles on the slab driveway.
    You can pivot so easily for parallel parking moves that it may change your world. We all the time stow the 13' rig in a 17' space. My trailer dolly is as cheap as they come from Harbor Freight or the like, and I switched to a nice set of non-pneumatic tires when they went on sale (rarely!) for around $35 per wheel. I'm phasing out all the tiny air-filled tires on the wheelbarrow etc. It is so worth it in reduced hassle and agitation of finding flats every freaking time on the small wheeled things... $35 only buys so much therapy, this is a much better use of the money. :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017