Putting shoreline in non-electric PUP

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Karen Gay, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Karen Gay

Karen Gay New Member

I’m searching for my first PUP, and my TV has a GVWR of 2000#. I’m looking at a 1993 Viking Spirit (995 #) that is in good shape, but no gas, electric or water. Is it possible for me to install a shoreline since I don’t plan on boondocking, or would a weatherproof extension cord with a power strip work?

1380ken likes this.
  2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

A good cord and a power strip will work

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

First question, how mechanical are you? If your good at doing wiring and installing a small breaker box and running a couple simple circuits, then go for it... if you can't, a good extension cord and a good power stip will do..

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

A 15A circuit will easily run a dorm fridge, lights, and fans. if that's all you need, a good power strip+heavy duty extension cord should be fine. I'm guessing the box (rigid part of the camper) is about 8 feet long, so there won't be much trouble routing power cords.

If you want A/C, or an electric space heater for cold nights, you might want to look into setting up a 30A system. Typically, there's a 15A circuit for the A/C (or space heater) and another for everything else.