Question about adding A/C to Starcraft

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by jnorris, May 12, 2014.

1. jnorris

jnorris New Member

My 1997 Starcraft Meteorite 817 has a roof vent and has a the a blank outlet marked Air Condioning for the electrical. My question is do I need to add roof support? There appers to be one brace going across the roof about mid box. If someone is familiar with this model I would appreciate any advice.

What are peoples thoughts on doing this myself. I have found a used a/c unit for $200. Thought that was a pretty good deal.

Thanks.

2. DieselLibertyCRD

DieselLibertyCRD Member

I would like to know that as well! I have a 2001 Starcraft 2101 with the single brace and have been looking at AC units. Mine also has the cover plate with the AC wiring..

3. huizarr

huizarr Member

Have you called StarCraft? When I had a StarCraft they were very responsive to questions.

4. Jeepguy93

Jeepguy93 Active Member

I'd add roof support. Average weight is 70-100lbs if it sags water will come in the gasket. With braces problem solved and simple insurance. 200 is not a bad deal. I got my brand new dometic brisk 2 for 450 shipped. I'm installing mine next week. I'm currently rebuilding my roof in prep for the conditioning of the air unit.