Question gas or electric

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by packofwises, Aug 2, 2012.

1. packofwises

packofwises New Member

In an access panel outside of the put there is a mechanism inside that says electric or gas. Can all electric items be run from propane if there isn't any electric CG hookups?

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Most likely you are looking at the refrigerator, propane or 110 VAC or 12 VDC, a water heater is usually only propane, and a furnace uses propane and 12 VDC. In summary you could run the water heater and refrigerator, but will need a battery to run the furnace fan and controls.

3. singledad

singledad New Member

The fridge can, and the stove, but the furance needs 12v for the thermastat, and forget the A/C unless you have 2 - 3 batts and a way to charge them.

4. teejaywhy

teejaywhy Active Member

The fridge is the only appliance that can be run on electric or propane.

5. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Those of us who dry camp and/or boondock use our deep cell batteries to operate the lights, water pump and furnace fan. The stove, fridge, furnace and water heater run on propane. Once you get used to the system and learn to be conservative you really don't need AC electricity.

Yes, I know that some folks want air conditioning and that requires AC hook-ups or a big generator. I don't use air conditioning so I ignore it.