Question- is a pop up considered an RV or a tent?

Discussion in 'Reservation Systems' started by MNhappycampers, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

I have also seen at some/many USFS sites that they have, "tent and soft wall camper " sites.

The pad is designed for a tent, but you are welcome to park your pup on the tent pad. Usually involves some moving the pup around by hand after disconnecting the TV.

They are always dry sites, but it seems a popular way to go. Last one I was at, of the 75 sites there were 30 tents, nearly as many pups and a few truck campers, and one TT looking very out of place.

Pup is still an RV, but there are a few fun exceptions that, err, pop up. :)

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

All of the above, call the park if you question. I had parks put pups in tent areas or wherever we wanted. We have requested the tent areas several times because of shade or larger size.

3. alba83

alba83 New Member

Lol, our PUP doesn't have a sink plumbed for hot or cold water, a waste drain, a plumbed flush toilet, a plumbed shower, stove and oven, microwave, furnace, or an A/C unit. It only has an electrical system - guess I have a tent on wheels - hee, hee.

Sent from my iPad

4. NegrilJerry

NegrilJerry Newbies in GA, we LOVE this site!

I've yet to come across a reservation system that doesn't have Pop-up as an option along with 5th wheel etc... but then every place we've made res's book through ReserveAmerica / Recreation.gov