Question on Starcraft silverware drawer "plastic bin"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by burtonfamily101, Jul 30, 2018.

1. burtonfamily101

burtonfamily101 Member

Hi All,

I have a 1997 Starcraft spacemaker believe 1224. Anyway right above my furnace is a plastic tube type drawer that I assume if for silverware..As that is what was in it when I bought it.

The plastic drawer is somewhat bent in on the sides, and durning travel ALWAYS falls off that damn track and spill all over next to the furnace. Does this happen to anyone else or know where can I buy another plastic bin? I wasn't sure if I can just goto walmart and buy one.

Thank you!

2. DigitalGuru

DigitalGuru Active Member

Hmm, I can't picture what you are talking about. Can you post a picture showing this part?

3. world traveler

world traveler Active Member

I have mine and it was originally filled with plastic silverware. It stays in all the time.

4. burtonfamily101

burtonfamily101 Member

This picture is not from my trailer as I only have one drawer, but here is the concept,

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BVDYds7urmkH5G8ZA

Mine is like shrunken on the sides and always falls. I dont mind buying another but just dont know where or if it needs to come from an RV store.
    [​IMG]

5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Looks like you could find one to fit. Look for ones with a thick lip on the edges. Or, make a drawer from wood for it.

hayyward likes this.
  6. GrueMaster

GrueMaster Active Member

That picture looks like it was designed to fail. Any bumps and it is all over (and where I camp, that would happen). I would definitely go for a redesign. You could likely remove the rails and just put a complete plastic drawer system in there. Something like http://a.co/dkxxlhW

7. Fless

Fless Active Member

Or take a piece of 1/4" plywood that is a bit larger than the "drawer," cut out the hole for the drawer and mount it to the slightly larger wooden piece. Kind of like a sink cutout.

hayyward likes this.
  8. barrientosbunch

barrientosbunch Member

We don't have the shallow drawer (I don't think), so we put the silverware in a shallow tackle box from Walmart. It's large enough to add the little incidentals (bottle opener, can opener, etc.) So... we have two pull out bins. Covered with a large white trash bag after cleaning to keep them somewhat dust free.