Question

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by slammedpup, Oct 21, 2013.

1. slammedpup

slammedpup New Member

I just got a 92 Coleman Royale and I'm trying to get a practice run on setting it up. I can't seem to find out where the storage place is for the handle crank to raise the camper. The owners manual says get the crank from it's storage location but doesn't say where that is. Please help

2. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

I would look in the compartments by the doors, or call the previous owner. Never saw a trailer that had a compartment made just for storing the crank?

3. PinnMcrack

PinnMcrack Active Member

On the fold down door there is an area for the crack and the stabilizer tool to be stored. fold down the door and look in the back there should be some clips with those tools in it. If they aren't there, ask the Previous Owner.

4. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Look under mattress pads for cranks and poles [8D]

5. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

If you have a front storage compartment then it may be on the front wall of that.

6. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Ours for our jayco is kept inside a drawer (our choice). There is also an outside compartment for jacks, etc. I don't know if coleman has that, but if so, check there.

7. tconroy

tconroy Active Member

my cranks storage area is actually on the inside of the door and that also is where the manual for the camper goes.

8. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

I have a 92 Coleman Destiny Royale. There is no fold down door or storage compartment. I don't think there is a designated storage spot for the crank.

9. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

I think that in many cases the "storage location" is the place where you have decided to store the crank. I always kept my crank in the truck because on my Fleetwood Yuma the roof covered the top of the door when the trailer was closed. This meant the roof had to be raised a bit to open the door. Obviously I couldn't store the crank in the PUP because I needed it to raise the roof to open the door.

10. stlouielady

stlouielady Member

My camper (2004 Coleman/Fleetwood) has a small storage area under the door, accessible before the door is lowered. That is where I found my crank.

11. xshield

xshield New Member

Did you ever find your crank? That just sounds wrong... [}:)] [LOL] [LOL]

12. WendyLouWho

We can reach inside our jayco without it popped up, but I don't know coleman/fleetwoods.

And yes! Update...did you find it? If not I am sure you can get one from coleman. (?)

13. mlong

mlong New Member

My coachman Clipper does not have a storage area and my roof covers the door when closed up. I used to keep the cranks in my TV until I figured out that I can open the pup door if I just lift up on the roof a little bit. Now I just lay the cranks on the floor inside the door. I prefer to do this so I don't misplace the cranks.

14. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

I have the 93 Royale and I keep min right inside the door. If you keep it anywhere else it may be hard to access. You should have a cabinet to the right immediately inside the doorway which you can access with the roof being down. I keep the wheel chocks and leveling items as well as the crank handle there for easy access. I'm considering putting up a small bracket to mount it to the inside of that cabinet door...maybe this weekend? Anyway you can download the Owner's Manual on this site but i don't recall a specific place for it. Let me know if I can help you with anything else...we love ours.

15. slammedpup

slammedpup New Member

Thanks for all of the replies, I contacted the previous owner and they still had it. [:D]

16. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Glad you found it! Keep us posted on how much you LOVE your 92 Coleman Destiny Royale! [:D]

17. WendyLouWho

Yay! So glad you have it now! Of course, now you have to figure out where to keep it so you don't lose it (not that we ever have, uhum, lol).

18. timo4352

timo4352 New Member

We just bought our popup. It came with 2 handles - a good idea, I think - if one gets lost somehow you're still OK. [2C]

19. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Glad you located it. One person at the dealer told us the small cabinet to the right of the door was the storage place, but that made no sense to us. While we can open the door, only just barely, with the roof down snugly, we also tend to pack the Lynx levers and mat in the entry way area, so accessing the cabinet would be a challenge, not to mention it is packed with lots of other stuff.
    We keep the cranks in the TV, in the tote with some other pup towing and set up equipment. Notice I said cranks, plural. One of the first things we bought was an extra crank, I'd seen to many lost crank posts on here to feel happy with just one.