Questions about Fleetwood Santa fe

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Jadcm2007, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Jadcm2007

Jadcm2007 New Member

i am considering purchasing a 2009 Fleetwood Santa Fe. It includes all camping gear other than sleeping bags (lanterns, chairs, electric space heater, electric fans that click on bars above beds, full set of dishes, full set of cast iron, roof bike rack, 2 propane tanks
    About 6 small green propane bottles, tons of board games, plus more.

The trailer features
    Outside shower
    Toilet
    Heater
    Fridge
    iHome stereo
    BBQ that hooks on outside of trailer
    Rear hitch receiver (with cargo basket)
    Awning with screened in sides attachments

He is asking 3700. Is this a good deal? I’m pretty sure it is by want to make sure.
    Are there any concerns about the Fleetwood/Coleman Santa Fe?
    Please share pictures of your Santa Fe!

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Main thing is "is it worth it to YOU, and biggest question, will it fulfill all or your needs? The extras are nice but useless if the unit doesn't fit your expectations and needs. Be sure and check it over really good for problems and also a clear title is necessary. Good luck and Happy Camping

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yes check it out. Make sure there is no rot. Look for a camper checklist. Make sure everything works. And check the roof, abs roofs have some problums , fixable but problums. Check the front box for rot. Price is what it's worth to someone. I would say it's a good deal if everything is in perfect order. I got mine cheaper but had to put money in it and do the repair. So if it checks out, it's not bad. Also check the tires.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Price is great is all checkout. Also check lift system, canvas, tires, brakes, and bearings (ask when the last two items were serviced). And ask how often it was use and estimated mailage. Original owner?? Got title??

Good luck and happy camping.

5. sceri

sceri Active Member

What he said [LOL], but I for the brakes and bearings I would just inspect the brakes and repack the bearings instead of estimating. Better to be sure than sorry....

6. bols2Dawall

bols2Dawall S.W. Ontario

That's a great deal (especially if it has A/C ) . Look over that roof in and out carefully though . Good Luck