Questions for Forest River Rockwood Roo 233S owners

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Nov 23, 2013.

1. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Congrats. Hope it gives you years of great memories.

2. Shado

Shado New Member

Congrats. You are going to love the model!!!!

3. CampingFam

CampingFam Member

That's awesome! We love our 233S. It is a great camper. It is hard to find a trailer that gives as much room on the inside with as much sleeping room as it has. A few things that I have learned over the year of owning our 2014 233S is that I should have bought a generator or solar panels! Even with the LED lights, the heater doesn't want to blow unless the batteries are topped off. Somewhat a pain. I also wish it came with an auto leveling feature. Boy would that be nice. While the DW is a great helper when it comes to pulling up on blocks, an auto leveling system would have made me smile from ear to ear :)

Enjoy the Roo and send us some photos :)

4. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

Any word on the new Roo? Has it arrived yet?

5. cfmx

cfmx New Member

No. It hasn't come in.
    We are waiting for that phone call. I keep telling myself any day now. [:D]

Here is a picture of our TV. At its first camping trip w/ no camper. [:!]
    [​IMG]

6. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Hey, that's funny. We just bought a Tundra Crew Max just like that to tow our 233S.
    [​IMG]

7. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Fingers crossed we hear something this week. I would consider this week Mid-March.
    Little upset w/ the sales rep when I emailed them last week. When we order the camper the online sales rep set the delivery location to their Orlando facility. We were told once the Tampa facility open they would change it to Tampa for pick up. Now that the order is in and the camper should be heading this way soon. I was told they can't switch the shipping location do to different territories for the Forrest River sales rep. Even though this was order online and not at the dealership. This will add about 160 miles additional traveling then what we expected. What can I expect sales people will tell you anything to make a sale.

8. cfmx

cfmx New Member

So disappointed. I called on our camper today seeing we were told mid-March and was told it was still in production.
    Sounds more like April now. May have to cancel our shakedown camping trip last weekend of this month. [:(]

9. RockyRoo

I ordered mine Feb 16 and it showed up end of april

10. cfmx

cfmx New Member

We Ordered Ours Dec 23rd.

11. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

That sucks. It would be driving me crazy. I hope you get it sooner rather than later.

Your not alone, it happens a lot when you "order" a camper.
    They build them in production runs by model / floor plan. When they get enough orders for a certain type they then do a production run.

I have a link on my favorites to Rocky's dealer in Ohio from when I was shopping the other year. He has a 233 that has been shown "on order" for awhile.

12. RockyRoo

Oh wow, that sucks! I know when I ordered mine they couldn't build them fast enough and had a huge backlog. I wonder if that is still the case or if something else is going on

13. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Good morning all. DW loves this floor plan and as we look at what we want this thread brings up some questions. cfm - did you order something special on your Roo? Different interior, no oven, something you couldn't find on a dealers lot? Or just no units available in your area? I'm curious because if DW decides to pull the trigger she's going to want the unit ASAP! (I buy the TVs, she buys the campers. works for us [;)] )
    Rocky - which dealer, please? (also DW is probably going to go over your unit at Holly in great detail :) )
    Thanks for all the helpful insights on this model!

14. RockyRoo

Friar, she is more than welcome to look at anything she wants. I am more thsn happy to show it off, its a great unit.

15. cfmx

cfmx New Member

We chose to order because no one locally had the options we were looking for. The first and most important was the slide topper. It's way cheaper to have a camper built w/ a slide topper than having the dealer add one. We also wanted the larger AC unit 15k. Since we only used the oven once in our PUP we opted to remove the oven and have more storage space. The interior wasn't a huge deal but since we order we went with the combination we like (Churchill with Hickory). Also went w/ the raised fridge panels and several other options.
    Our camper on the inside should look just like the one in the 2014 roo brochure:
    [​IMG]

We will just have to wait. It will come and when it does I'm sure we will be happy we waited. :)

16. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

Thanks cfm! I sure hope it comes in soon for you. (Hickory with no oven is what she wants also [;)] )

17. TwigsnBerries

TwigsnBerries New Member

Does the 233s have 2 gray tanks or one??? I currently own a starcraft Antigua 235....it has the 3 beds and a slideout as well. I want to upgrade to a newer hybrid because of the cable beds instead of the old pole system. However, I have 2 gray water tanks and a black. We love camping at state parks and I love the extra gray tank. Is there any model with 2 gray tanks these days???

18. RockyRoo

It has 1 30 gallon gray tank

19. bikendan

bikendan Active Member

No, and your 235 was probably the only hybrid that had 2 gray tanks. the big Jayco 29L might have been the only other one.

20. PaThacker

PaThacker Well-Known Member

I have seen some larger tanks on the stick and tin 7000lb and up hybrids. I have never seen one camping, or on the road.