Quick trip to Millerton Lake

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by PopUpNurse, Mar 18, 2019.

1. PopUpNurse

PopUpNurse New Member

We decided last minute to take the pop up to Millerton Lake for my wife’s birthday weekend. We added another element of difficulty and took our dogs(10lbs and 35lbs) this time. We were excited because it would be our first time using full hookup with the trailer. Hooking up, towing, and parking all went great this trip. The drive was only a 1/2hr so that was great with the little ones(almost 3 and 5months).

Set up was awesome and we got to use our new bal leveler(amazing!) and our gizmos. The weather was perfect for testing out the gizmos. Very sunny and 70 during the day and 40 at night. We could tell the difference for sure day and night with them on. We could not be more happy with both new tool. The only letdowns on the trip were learning our fridge does not work(have not have a chance to trouble shoot it) and that the left turn signal/break light is out on the trailer(pretty sure it’s the wiring on the TV). I’ll post some pictures so you can see how beautiful the lake and campground are this time of year.

Attached Files:

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Looks like you had a beautiful weekend.

3. giadiep

giadiep Active Member

Very jealous of your camping trip and of your weather. It will be a while before we can camp here in the Northeast. My HTT is buried in snow still.

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I like that fire pit. Nice and tall to keep the little ones out. Most places around here is only just a truck tire rim or similar.

5. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Nice CG, thanks for sharing the nice pictures. That is what camping is about IE: having fun and kicking back.
    Good Luck and Keep On Camping

6. rescamilla

rescamilla New Member

Is this the same Millerton Lake located just north of Fresno/Clovis?

7. PopUpNurse

PopUpNurse New Member

It is

rescamilla likes this.
  8. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

Oh my goodness. Millerton Lake. I use to live around there for many years. I went up to the lake many times in the past. But I never thought about camping up there because it was so close to home. But now I live 200 miles away. I think I might give it a try.