Rail that pushes out the kitchenette in a 2003 coleman

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by Murffeus, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Murffeus

Murffeus New Member

my kitchenette has this section of canvas that looks to push out (im guessing to keep it away from the stove) but the bar or rail was not included when i purchased the camper. The previous owner had never used it since they bought it second hand, they just let it hang there.
    I tried googling different terminology but i have not been able to find anything on it. I think there is a U shaped one that goes around the cubby then a poll that pushes from the top to push it outwards (similar to the beds)

This isnt mine but you can kinda see what i mean on the left, same type of kitchenette
    [​IMG]

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Colemanpopupparts has parts lists, and may have the part. If nothing else, the parts drawing/list would help with terminology

3. Murffeus

Murffeus New Member

thanks, i checked the site but didnt see what i needed. i was not aware they had a parts list like that, ill go check again.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

Not sure, but if this is just behind the stove it’s the pop ups version of a bay window or sometimes called a bump out. What you are looking for I believe is a shepherd pole which is similar to the poles that you use on the bunkends but much much shorter. My unit does not have this bump out but suspect it’s similar to my slideout pole which has a point on one end and it hooks up to the roof where there should be a bracket it hooks onto. You may be able to rig your own by bending metal conduit if you can’t find the original.

6. Murffeus

Murffeus New Member

thanks, i did find it is called a tip out bow (the 3 sided piece of bar that frames the bay window. And just like yhou said there is a hooked pool that one end attaches to the tip out bow and then attaches to the roof after extending the window out.
    Both parts are around 50$ i think. I stored the camper shortly after picking up, im hoping it is hiding in one of the storage areas other wise ill need to pick em up

7. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

. Also check under both mattresses and other cushions. That is often where poles can be stored. Good luck.

Murffeus, Sjm9911 and friartuck like this.