Rails on top of my PUP?

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by FamilyCampingMN, Aug 26, 2019.

1. FamilyCampingMN

FamilyCampingMN New Member

I have these 2 rails on the top of my PUP. 2011 Jayco Jay Series 1006. (See Pics)

What are they for? Can they be used to mount a cross bar system? I would like to add a bike rack to the top but do not want to drill holes.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I do Believe those are Rain Gutters and doubt that anything will mount in them.

Raycfe and FamilyCampingMN like this.
  3. ScooterDano

ScooterDano New Member

Those are for mounting a roof rack, I have a Yakima bike rack that attaches to them.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

They seem too far to the edge to mount anything to me. The awning side has a gutter built if.

5. ScooterDano

ScooterDano New Member

The little caps at the end slide off and let you slide in the mounts. Not sure what model Yakima mount is on mine, but it came with a bunch of extra hardware. I think the previous owner had camping world install them when he bought them, the owners manual specifically mentions Yakima racks. I'll post pictures when I get the cover off. The fact that they are far to the sides makes sense since it puts no load on the part of the roof that's unsupported and when the top is closed all the weight is carried by the sides that rest on camper.

Rusty2192 likes this.
  6. FamilyCampingMN

FamilyCampingMN New Member

Thank you for all the info. I was hoping I could mount cross bars to that and put bikes on the roof.