Rain...

Discussion in 'General Weather Forum' started by West Coast Canuck, Sep 2, 2015.

1. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Well, I was happy to see much needed rain......and we are camping right now. 3 days of heavy rain is now taking it's toll on our week long camping trip. It it is supposed to clear tomorrow and be sunny for the long weekend....thank god for our TT...we are staying dry and using our propane fire pit under our large awning. So far managed to get one hike in. Feeling sorry for our neighbours on either side of us....one side they set up tents in pouring rain and my other neighbour has a TT identical to ours and were having propane issues. They couldn't get their propane going. I took a look and figure that the gas regulator is hooped. At least they have power hook up to run the fridge.

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Yeah, I've heard about the rains out on the West Coast, power outages, trees uprooted, etc... hang in there, it's not ideal camping but it sure beats the heck out of working and at least you're well prepared! [;)]

3. Sinyk

Sinyk New Member

Weather forecast is supposed to be quite nice in the coming days!

4. JT2

JT2 Member

What is this "rain" you speak of -- Oh, that water-falling-from-the-sky stuff?
    Haven't seen any of that round here (near Phila.) in weeks.

If you can spare any, send it our way, will ya? My lawn and flowers will owe you a beer.

5. Sinyk

Sinyk New Member

Just weeks? Prior to this weekend, we have had maybe half an inch of rain since the beginning of June. Everything keeps catching fire here. If we have any leftover, we will let you know! [8D]

6. West Coast Canuck

West Coast Canuck Jumped to the dark side ......

Yup, the rains have come with a vengence, we were caught in that windstorm that did a lot of major damage, at one point 1/2 mil without power including us. Went 14 hours without power....thank god I had generators that kept my fridge running. I was the only house in the neighbour with some power. I was able to assist two of my neighbours keep their fridges going. It maxed out my generators and had some grateful neighbours too. once e wry thing was normal again at home, we headed to Alice Lake where we have reservations for a week. At least it has power and I don't have to worry about having power to run the equipment in our TT

7. moose_mom

moose_mom Member

I never thought I would be so grateful to see rain again and today we had one heck of a lightening/thunder/rain/hailstorm-nature at its finest. I am noticing that the lawn is springing back to life-the patches where the moss hasn't been killed by the constant sun and heat. This has probably been the best summer for camping and not having to worry about the lawn getting too long while we're away. Since the dry spell started, I think DH has had to cut the lawn maybe 4 times. A pretty welcome stat considering he does our(hilly) acre with a push mower since the lawn tractor is out of commission.