Raleigh/Fayetteville NC Hawley's Camping Center

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
has been Merged, bought out, by Camping world

I stopped in the Raleigh location yesterday to get some awning rail the show room has been gutted and enlarged for more floor space when they open as Camping World in a few weeks.

When we bought our camper from Hawley's last year, they had a dozen or so Popup campers on the lot ( new ) currently, there are none.

I asked if they will continue to carry popups, the sales guy said they were lobbying to do so, but the new "administration" wasn't keen on the idea.

Hawley's WAS the only dealer near Raleigh that actually stocked popup campers.

Curious to see what the future brings.....

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
oh, and they didn't have the awning rail, was told they had just 'disposed' of a lot of that stuff when they cleaned out for the remodel.

I did go down the road to Camptown RV, they had it and cut me a 6' piece ( $2.79 a foot )

Ride5

Feb 20, 2011
Camping World does not sell pop-ups, so I don't think we'll see pop-ups anytime soon at Hawleys. Very disappointed, because they had the best selection in the Raleigh area. At the spring RV show at the NC Fairgrounds, there were NO pop-ups because Camping World had taken over the show. Only Camping World dealers were there. Again very disappointing.

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
the Raleigh (and most other) camper shows put on by GS Media & Events ( but promoted as being sponsored by some other big name, this years was Progressive Insurance ) are all part of Good Sam Enterprises. which also owns Camping World

They are trying to dominate the RV industry and push out the little guy. Seems "other" dealers could participate in the Raleigh show at the fairgrounds, IF they could/would pony up a hefty floor fee.

The NC RV Dealers Assoociation Show ( the little guys ) show was in January at the Raleigh Convention Center, not a lot of advertisement and a lot was over shadowed by ads for a " Camping World Show " at Hawley's the same weekend ( before the name change ) seems there is/was a billboard placed in front of another dealership ( little guy ) in Raleigh pretty much telling folks to go TO CW and not the little guy.

Next years NC Dealers show will be at the State Fair grounds so I have been told, earlier in the year than the GSE/CW show

myself, I have been to the new Camping World, wasn't really impressed with them at all. what staff that was left from Hawley's pretty much had worse attitudes than when they were Hawley's employee's, and the new folks didn't seem to know much at all.

I am a little dismayed that local to Raleigh there isn't anyone interested in even working on pop-up's let alone selling them.

threebeachboys

Jul 18, 2005
I did not care for Hawleys. Poor or non-existent service, high prices, ill mannered staff. Just a negative experience every time. Can't imagine Camping World will be much fun either, tho their flyer indicated some nice deals. JMHO.

For what I consider great repair service in the RDU area, try mariosrvrepair.com.

Pam