Ready for Adventure in Pensacola, FL...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by j4kneea, Mar 17, 2018.

1. j4kneea

j4kneea New Member

Hello PopUpPortalers!

My husband, Geoff, and I live in beautiful Pensacola close to the paradise of Perdido Key on the Gulf. We are looking for our very first Pop Up since he spent his childhood camping in one with a swing out kitchen - fond family memories! I have been camping only once in a Pop Up actually and I don't remember much except telling ghost stories at bed time.

The reason we are searching for a Pop Up is that Geoff is very tall so most of the trailers we can 1) afford and 2) tow with our Nissan Pathfinder do not accommodate his 6'1". We really love our sleep so a large bed is better for us both. Since we live on an island that can and does flood (the causeway at least) and I am a pet sitter, we need a camper that is large enough to accommodate us, our own 3 dog pack, and any clients who may need to bug out with us.

We are looking at a 2005 Coleman Niagara being sold by a neighbor who says he is the second owner. They have upgraded to a larger camper but have taken very good care of this one (stored it under their home, covered, etc.). We are so excited to see it and he insisted we come when he has time to go through everything with us including full set up and break down so having read the forums, I feel better knowing he is on the up and up so far about its condition.

I have NO idea what a camper like this should cost. It is chock full of amenities including a bathroom, 3 burner stove with oven, microwave, fridge, AC, awning, the works! So, any advice is much appreciated as we embark on our PUP journey ;-)

Thanks for having us!

2. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

You can get a general price using NADA values. NADA values are generally lower than asking prices. To get a better idea of prices in your area, check out Craigslist or do a Google search. From what I found, it appears that the NADA price range for a 2005 Niagara is $3450 to $4150, so you could see asking prices above $5000. But it really comes down to how much a seller willing to take and how much a buyer is willing to spend. Condition of the pup will greatly influence price either way.

It is up to the buyer to discover the condition. If there is a problem, most sellers will not disclose without you asking - Caveat Emptor. If your neighbor is as stand-up as you say, then you have half the battle won in searching for a pup.

HERE is a good place to find general information on what to look for when purchasing a used pup.

HERE is a video that has some good general pre-purchase information.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome to the Portal from n/W Fl Panhandle. I hope you find the PUP that will suit your needs
    soon. This might be the one for you ,if not there are more out there for sale. BTW I have a 1st cousin the lives in Pace. Good Luck in your search and Happy Camping

4. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Greetings from Colorado!

5. seldomseen380

seldomseen380 Active Member

Hello and Welcome from North Georgia...

6. DJS12354

DJS12354 Well-Known Member

Greetings from NEPA!

7. JAXPOPPER

JAXPOPPER Jax. FL Fleetwood Tucson

Welcome to the group. From Jacksonville, FL

8. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

Welcome and greetings from North Carolina to the portal!

9. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

As BikeNFish noted, the worth of any item out there is solely based on how much one person is willing to pay in agreement with how much the seller is willing to accept. Having said that, you can find a wide variety of pricing on Niagaras and (also as BikeNFish said) it usually boils down to condition. Pay yer money, make yer choice:

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/rvs/d/niagara-pop-up/6517274802.html

https://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/rvs/d/2007-fleetwood-niagara-popup/6535316530.html

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/rvs/d/fleetwood-niagara-pop-up/6521642535.html

Those are local to you, but for pricing you can look at other localities, even if you're not willing to drive to get them. It's still a price basis for thought. If I found one 500 miles away that's $1000 cheaper than a local one, you can BET I'll drive as long as the pictures support the kind of condition I'd like to purchase. After a due phonecall, I'd be on the road ....
    G'luck!
    Belch