Ready to Boondock!!!....Now....Where to go???

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by kenquagliana, May 27, 2020.

1. kenquagliana

kenquagliana Member

Hi All, I think I've made all the needed prep and investment to get the Niagara (and me) ready to go off the grid. I've already tested my systems on two outings in Green Ridge SF in western MD. That location has 100 dispersed sites, with only ONE (that I KNOW will safely accommodate the camper). Great place, great hiking trails. I was there May 12-15. Would have liked to stay longer but ran out of water!! Wasted too much on flushing out water lines and general clean-up after sitting all winter. That hopefully won't happen again now that I have extra water storage and siphon capability. Now I just need some good suggestions as to where I can go next within a 150 to 200 mile radius (3-4 hour drive)
    of the Baltimore Metro area.
    Thanks!!
    Green Ridge SF - Set Up.JPG

Arlyn Aronson and PopUpSteve like this.
  2. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Nice setup Ken! Is that a Chevy truck?? Sorry I can't help you with locations near Baltimore since we've never been east of MI.

3. kenquagliana

kenquagliana Member

Thanks.........2007 Toyota Tundra. I’ve been checking out maps of Bald Eagle SF. In central PA. I thinks that’s the next place I’ll try!!

4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I'm only commenting because I'm curious what you find out. I've only attempted one place near VA/WV but discovered it was not designed for trailers and had to back down and find a campground instead. I've hadn't had much luck but really don't know what I'm doing in regards to finding legal places to camp that's not designed for backpackers only. I do a lot of dry camping at campgrounds instead.