Rear Passthrough Storage

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Enz0, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Enz0

Enz0 Member

Hello,

I have a narrow pass-through storage at the back of my hybrid. Has a narrow door on both sides of the camper. It seems to lack in functionality do to the doors width and storage length.
    Was interested in hearing how others have maximized use of this type of space? Or what sort of stuff you store in it?

At the moment, I'm more or less using at as if it were divided with a wall in middle and just stacking stuff in each side. One side has camping chairs the other has the ax, log grabber, s'mores sticks, pie makers, etc.

Was thinking I could probably rig something up to get some fishing poles hanging from the top, but am open the whatever creativity you have to share.

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

we created a similar space by adding our cargo doors each side of the Aliner, the space is under our full width front dinette "seat". One side has the folding camp chairs and folding snack table, other side has wheel chocks, electrical and security cables for the portable solar panel, some locks, levelling blocks, a torpedo level, handle for the stabilizers, and so forth (stuff related to setting up camp). In the middle (under the front dinette seat) is the Cleanwaste folding toilet, and a few other things. Its worked well so far.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I have the same on the TT, but with cables for the rear slide also. It has the camp chair's, screen room, roll up table on one side. On the other is just dump station stuff. So , extra hose for the rinse, expandable thing for under the dump hose, right angle think and donut for the sewer line, gloves , antibacterial spray. Thats basically it. And ita enough.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I added an access door on the rear of the camper and a wood finished door to the inside. Also there was a small bin on the inside which I removed the liner and it opened 6 feet of more storage.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

On my parents camper they managed to find an under the bed organizer on wheels to put in their pass through. It just fit their door. Gives them more access to further into the storage. Personally I can see it would be a decent place to put fishing poles so long as you don’t need them outside of camping. I know my brother keeps a few poles and tackle box within easy access of his front door so he can just grab and run when he goes to the local pond after work.

6. TeamECKO

TeamECKO Member

I had the same kind of issue, I have a pass through on the front of my Hybrid, but I was only able to use 2-3 feet of space on either side, since I couldn’t reach in any farther.

I have my water hoses and electrical cord in net bags, which I tied about 4 feet of twine to the handle of. I slide each bag to the middle of the compartment, and I have hooks next to the pass through door to hook the end of the twine to, so the twine is always easy to be reached. The end of each twine has a label on it, indicating what is in each bag, so I just look for the label I need and then pull the twine, dragging the bag out.

7. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I have a piece of PVC that I have rigged up with an elbow on one end that I use to reach things in the back of my F-150. Something like that may help you with things you can't reach.

In the pass-thru on our TT, I keep hoses, surge protector, grill, E-Z UP and other lesser-used items on the driver side. On the passenger side, I have stuff that I'll be wanting access to during our stay, i.e. 1-pound propane bottles, a couple small bins with things like rope, table clothes, etc.

8. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Sewer hose, fishing rods, small shovel, and a three step ladder for attaching the screen room.

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

If you pack a pass they correctly they are not bad to use. A boat hook or awning pull hook should help. Pack things that will not catch on things and that will across floor such as in totes. I keep my large outside mat, extra hoses etc in the middle as you don’t need them often. I don’t put sewer hoses in a pass thru they go outside the camper. On ours in fence pole cover along the frame

10. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

If you're creative and not afraid to take sawzalls and such to things you can open up all kinds of additional storage. The manufacturers are morons. They waste space with flimsy bulkheads in storage spaces, behind and under cabinets etc. When in doubt, demo.

Camping Party of 2 and Raycfe like this.