Rear Passthrough Storage

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Enz0, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Enz0

Enz0 Member

Hello,

I have a narrow pass-through storage at the back of my hybrid. Has a narrow door on both sides of the camper. It seems to lack in functionality do to the doors width and storage length.
    Was interested in hearing how others have maximized use of this type of space? Or what sort of stuff you store in it?

At the moment, I'm more or less using at as if it were divided with a wall in middle and just stacking stuff in each side. One side has camping chairs the other has the ax, log grabber, s'mores sticks, pie makers, etc.

Was thinking I could probably rig something up to get some fishing poles hanging from the top, but am open the whatever creativity you have to share.

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

we created a similar space by adding our cargo doors each side of the Aliner, the space is under our full width front dinette "seat". One side has the folding camp chairs and folding snack table, other side has wheel chocks, electrical and security cables for the portable solar panel, some locks, levelling blocks, a torpedo level, handle for the stabilizers, and so forth (stuff related to setting up camp). In the middle (under the front dinette seat) is the Cleanwaste folding toilet, and a few other things. Its worked well so far.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I have the same on the TT, but with cables for the rear slide also. It has the camp chair's, screen room, roll up table on one side. On the other is just dump station stuff. So , extra hose for the rinse, expandable thing for under the dump hose, right angle think and donut for the sewer line, gloves , antibacterial spray. Thats basically it. And ita enough.

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

I added an access door on the rear of the camper and a wood finished door to the inside. Also there was a small bin on the inside which I removed the liner and it opened 6 feet of more storage.

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

On my parents camper they managed to find an under the bed organizer on wheels to put in their pass through. It just fit their door. Gives them more access to further into the storage. Personally I can see it would be a decent place to put fishing poles so long as you don’t need them outside of camping. I know my brother keeps a few poles and tackle box within easy access of his front door so he can just grab and run when he goes to the local pond after work.