Rear slide floor-plans?

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by MaeKay, Aug 1, 2019.

1. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

I wondered about that. I think I could be ok with that considering we remove the dinette cushions often to get to storage there. We might also just put in supports so we could install a king mattress and sleep feet out. So we’d have to take up some of the dinette and soda space anyway. (We did a mod like this for our first tent trailer)

I don’t mind climbing into a bed because I do that already (we put a 15” mattress in because it was the cheapest I could find and comfy).

Thanks for the hands-on review!

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Wow ,this thread is only a few weeks old, i said up above i wouldn't shell out 10k on a new TT as the pop up is ok for now. Well i was wrong, lol. I pick up a 2013 Kz spree 220ks on monday. It had the king rear slide and 2 bunks in the front. I wasn't planning on getting it , but it looked to be in good shape and the owner had all the systems up and running. Ill post pictures when i get it home.

3. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

How cool! I’m excited for you. You’ll have to tell me how you like the narrowness of the galley and dinette. I started to realize I don’t love the ones that have the bathroom in the middle side instead of the back.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

I dont have it home yet, but beeing im 6'6" , im never a fan of the galley. I'll sit on the sofa and eat from there! I like the room in front of the kitchen. And the main bed i prefer at the rear, better sleeping for me. I wanted something with another slide, but i didnt want the added weight. This was pretty much exactly what i needed. Lots of storage space. Bottem bunk flips up so you can store lots of stuff. When you arrive , take the stuff out and flip down the bed. Rear bed , sofa, kitchen table face the tv. ( ao movie night if its bad weather.) And you can use the beds without sliding it out, also the bathroom and kitchen. I was impressed with the real wood cabinites, not the partical board pop up camper wood. It felt so much wider inside then in the pop up. Might just be becauae i want it to feel that way, but i didn't feel closed in. Ill post pics when i get it set up.

neighbormike and MaeKay like this.
  5. Sjm9911

Pictures! 20190826_125335.jpg 20190826_125350.jpg 20190826_125407.jpg 20190826_125435.jpg 20190826_125502.jpg 20190826_125520.jpg 20190826_125508.jpg

6. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

That is gorgeous! And a KING bed?! That’s what I’m talking about!

7. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Sweet!! How was the first tow?
    Also, congratulations!!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. neighbormike

It appears to have been well taken care of!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. Sjm9911

Its in good shape, i need ( well want to) check the breaks, repack bearings, get something for changing tires, maybe re caulk the top sruff. Other then h
    Thats its nice. And clean.

Towing wasnt bad. Took me a bit to get used to the hitch. That thing sounded like death when i turned the corners, lol. I need to look into if it needs ahusting and how to do it. Much easier to back up, first try right in. Took a bit to get it exactly where i wanted it. Took longer to figure out how to remove the sway bars, lol. I will need to find a dump station as , it reads half full, ewwww, it chould just be a stuck sensor. The wayer tank reads full also, but only air comes out of the faucet, pump kicks on with switch. So im thinking it needs a good cleaning. Most say the sensors dont work well anyway.

10. neighbormike

Some of the wdh's are pretty noisy... FWIW, I try to add as much water to my black tank as possible before dumping just to try to get a better flush. A lot of people dump a bag of ice down the can too.

Sjm9911 and MaeKay like this.
  11. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

That’s a great idea. I often get my sensor to say 1/2 or 3/4 full on my black tank after someone has used it. I flush with a little extra water the next time and it registers back down to empty again. This is usually near the beginning of a trip. We can go for a full week with 2 adults and 2 kids using it. We taught the kids to not flush every time they pee to save water. Because the toilet paper gets stuck on the side of the bowl and they flush an entire gallon or more trying to get it to go down. I have no sense of smell so the pee in the bathroom with the lid closed and door shut and vent open doesn’t bother me a bit. (TMI?)

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  12. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Ours squeals too sometimes, especially at slow speeds around campgrounds, but we don’t have wdh or sway bars. Would that be the axles?

I also need to learn to repack the bearings and I’m wondering if I need to caulk as a preventative.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Sjm9911

MaeKay likes this.
  14. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Congrats.. floor plan is the same as my outback.. but you have a king bed ..

Sjm9911 likes this.
  15. MaeKay

MaeKay Active Member

Do you know which models or years have the king bed? That is possibly our biggest complaint with our otherwise awesome trailer right now.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  16. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

As a former KZ Spree owner who considered a rear glide 210KS before we instead decided to go with a 240BH-LX my recollection is that all rear glide Spree models manufactured by KZ had a king bed - took awhile for other manufacturers such as Jayco and Keystone Outback to catch up by replacing their queen size bed with a king size.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    MaeKay and Sjm9911 like this.
  17. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

I little trick for the weight dist hitch use the tongue jack to take the weight off the tongue and truck when installing or taking them off. Throw a block under the jack and lower the jack.. You will see the bars raise when hooking and then you attach much easier and when unhooking do the same. Take some weight off and pop the bars off. I can do mine really quick like that. There are videos on youtube. Camper look really nice.

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  18. neighbormike

Ladiesman and Sjm9911 like this.
  19. Sjm9911

My hands are a hitch grip lol! It looks cool, i need other crap first, the tire ramp thing for changing the tires, or ill make one. New blocking, new leveling blocks. Etc. And chocks, my small plastic ones while doing the job ,look very undersized compared to the tire size.

20. Ladiesman

Ladiesman Active Member

I like the BAL X Chock.