Reattach canvas retainer track

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by TucsonTraveler, Oct 17, 2021.

1. TucsonTraveler

TucsonTraveler New Member

We got some water through cracks in the roof seal and now the track has pulled away from the roof and it looks like small rusty staples are exposed. How can we reattach the track? Thank you! IMG_0260.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0267.jpg

2. Summer Zeev

Summer Zeev New Member

I have the same question. My new (to me) '99 Coleman Taos was missing one small section (6 inches?) of canvas track, and you can see the damage to the inside of the roof where it pulled out. I'm afraid if I screw the track into the same spot where the old screws were, it'll fall right back out. Can I drill a hole straight through the side of the roof, run a bolt/nut/washers through it, and seal with silicone or something similar?

(Sorry to hijack your thread, but I figured my post will pop this back to the top and maybe someone will see it.)

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Short large head sheet metal or PK screw.. screw right through the canvas into the side board..

Raycfe likes this.