Rec for a good air compressor?

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by SheaLoner, Sep 17, 2021.

1. SheaLoner

SheaLoner Member

Just emergencies. I have a well stocked garage and a family full of mechanics. So not for everyday use. My old one is a cig lighter antique prolly 30+ years old. The cord finally gave out beyond my ability to patch. Cheap but decent is my go to for most stuff.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yea, those cig lighter pumps can only give so much pressure. My camper tires are 65 psi. Truck i run at like 80 psi. You would burn out the pump or never get close to top psi. Maybe good in a pinch. But not for me.

3. E.D.

E.D. New Member

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER...ocphy=9032044&hvtargid=pla-568817446289&psc=1
    We have this one. It runs on the same battery we use for our portable drill. It also has a regular AC plug and a a 12 volt plug just in case. Probably more than you need, but it can inflate any of our vehicle tires, bike tires, etc. just with the portable battery in place. It's so much more convenient than other pumps. You set the air pressure and it inflates to what you set it at. We use it for all of our needs at home or when traveling...just bring it with us when we travel.

4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I have carried this cheap Chinese compressor in my TT for 6 years. I have used it quite a bit and loaned it out alot to others who failed to plan ahead. It was probably about 25 bucks.

20210921_183330.jpg

gladecreekwy, tfischer and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. tfischer

tfischer A bad day camping beats a good day at the office

The one I have is rated for 200psi. I wouldn't put money on it getting there, but 65psi for a camper is nothing. I used to use a similar one for high pressure bike tires (90+psi) all the time.

6. djoy

djoy New Member

I have a set of Dewalt 20v power tools and one of my favorites is the air compressor. It will fill up a car tire, air mattress, inflatible mattresses...it's compact and relatively inexpensive. It uses a lithium battery so is very portable and the battery lasts a long time. To fill a car or camper tire you just screw the hose on to the tire valve, set the psi and turn it on. It will stop when it reaches the set psi. I bought it at WilCo but you can find them everywhere.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-...lDfT3O3cMsH_IHI8FWMaAlBmEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

7. Patrick w

Patrick w Active Member

Viaair is what I have. Though I had a harbor freight version of it prior to being stolen. Had it for years, used it all the time, no issues. For travel I just use the Ryobi dual.. it will inflate and deflate mattresses and has a set point for tires.

8. Othelzer

Othelzer New Member

9. curt86iroc

curt86iroc New Member

10. TSQ

TSQ Active Member

If you already have an 18V/20V tool system the inflators are pretty good. I have the Makita one and it works really well.

11. Karey

Karey Member

We got a Vlair. Not only for blowing up tires, but also for blowing out water lines when temps get to freezing. If traveling down south in winter, need it before coming home in the winter to freezing temps.