Recommendations for replacement faucet?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Rich Knack, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Rich Knack

Rich Knack Member

Last year I bought a 1978 Rockwood RW-0806 popup, cheap, as a project. The roof has been totally rebuilt, canvas replaced, power center modernized, 3-way fridge installed, and the water system also totally replaced since previous owners had stripped out the tank and replaced the original faucet with a regular bathroom faucet plumbed only for city water.

The faucet I installed is a 2-way Zebra Products low-profile type (necessary for this camper for clearance when sliding the beds in). Here is a link to the model on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Zebra-RV-R3700-Polar-White-Combo/dp/B004JIER2Q

It worked fine at first but now it leaks around the lever and the leak seems to be getting worse, though it does still pump water from the 10 gallon plastic tank I installed. It does not appear to be rebuildable. The under-bench space is so small that I really do not have room to install a 12-volt pump (and under the galley top is out as well due to clearance when folding the camper), so I want to stay with a 2-way faucet that will allow me to use it as a pump in and of itself as well as an on/off for city water. The only other one I have seen is by Leisure Products (Model 131-5), and that one seems to be getting a lot of complaints in the reviews about leaking, poor instructions, etc.

Is there another 2-way faucet available, or can someone make any helpful and practical suggestions? Note that tearing out the sink and water tank and just carrying a water jug, or anything along those lines, is NOT what I consider "helpful or practical". I am looking for a decent subsitute for the faucet I have, no more and no less. Thanks in advance...

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

3. Rich Knack

Rich Knack Member

That is the one I mentioned in my original post, the Leisure Components 131-5, that the reviews made me leery. People complaining about poor quality, leakage, parts breaking, poor (or absent) instructions, herd to use (especially with city water), etc. Supposedly it is a drop-in replacement for an older Sure-Flow Water Wizard but from some of the reviews I read the quality of the older unit isn't there. The one advantage it has over the Zebra unit I have is, the Leisure Components unit is repairable and in fact has a repair/rebuild kit available.

4. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

If I didn't already have a water pump, and especially if I wanted to replace my faucet, I'd put in a water pump and a standard faucet.

5. Rich Knack

Rich Knack Member

Unfortunately, I just don't have a good place to put a 12V pump. That is why I want to go with a 2-way with a manual pump built in.