Recommended lumbar pillows for sofa?

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by OneTruth, Aug 31, 2019.

1. OneTruth

OneTruth New Member

I’m curious if anyone has a recommended lumbar pillow type (store) or pillow arrangement for the sofa.

2. Jim Whitehouse

Jim Whitehouse New Member

we use large pool noodles behind the cushions fro extra support.

Rik Peery likes this.
  3. OneTruth

OneTruth New Member

Great idea, helps w storage too

4. Lost in Space

Lost in Space Active Member

We put large pool noodles behind the couch cushions and also the dinette cushions. Keeps them leaning back a little. More comfortable and they don't flop over forward when you get up.

OneTruth likes this.
  5. OneTruth

OneTruth New Member

Just got the jumbo noodles and they indeed make a HUGE difference with the dinette cushions - very supportive and comfortable now. For the couch, I did not find the jumbo noodle supportive enough to fill the void and provide lumbar support. I was able to fill the lumbar void by wedging some puffy/supportive yet short (lumbar height) pillows down low between the backrest cushion and the upright narrow bed cushion. Using a supportive throw pillow on the surface pushes your back towards the couch edge and positions my head towards the deepest portion of the skylight window.

Lost in Space likes this.