Reflectix $50 bucks of awsome

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Brate, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Brate

Brate Bravado!

Don't post much these days but I did want to share my experience with this stuff. I bought a $50 dollar roll from Lowes and a 8 $1 clamps and the results where almost instantly apparent. I know pop-up-gizmos does this but I also know we have a lot of DIYselfers here. The 48" by 25' roll was enough to cover both bunks with extra and even though it was easily 90+ outside we only had to have the AC on LOW COOL and not even at the coolest setting to be perfectly comfy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gruss

gruss Active Member

Now make inserts for the windows on the bunk end and you can hang meat in the pop up.

sent from a phone.

3. Brate

Brate Bravado!

That will be next but we are already oversleeping as it is! Usually the light and warmth get us up nice and early but I slept till 11 on both mornings!

4. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Most folks put the Reflectix in the windows. Just hope the silver doesn't rub off onto your vinyl and permanently discolor it.

5. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Try sewing together the parts of reflectix together... to hold and not flap against the canvas during windy times.

6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I have used the reflectix for ages on bunk ends, I bought the aluminum tape used for AC duct work, it holds much better than duck tape. Also be sure and seal the ends where it is cut or water will get inside the reflectix.

7. bondebond

bondebond New Member

It is not silver but is aluminum. However, the concern is the same. Once the plastic laminated layer wears off due to rubbing or flex stressing, the aluminum can discolor the vinyl roof with a gray that does not easily come off.