refrigerator - dometic rm2190 seems to be dead

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by donspicer1, Jul 18, 2011.

1. donspicer1

donspicer1 New Member

i serviced the burner system, works good. inverted the whole frig, lots of gurgling, after 8 hours, it stated to cool, then quit. the replacement cooling unit is over $400. I wish I had known to check this when i bought the camper.

2. Big_kid

Big_kid Virginia Beach, VA

Try inverting it for 24 hours again, put it back upright & let it sit for another 24. Then test it again. Worst case scenario is you postponed replacing it for 48 hours. I can't imagine why it would start to cool, then stop. Does it do any better on another power source?

3. donspicer1

donspicer1 New Member

thanks, I dont know what it'll do on another power source, it has only 12vdc and propane. I haven;t debugged the wiring side of it yet. I'll invert it again tonight, and leave it alone until the following night.

4. donspicer1

donspicer1 New Member

the owners manual I got from this site (THANK YOU) states the 12vdc is to be used only when towing. that explains why I've never seen that system do anything, the schematic for the 12vdc side of refrigerator connects only to the tow vehicle. the thermostat regulates 1 fuel system, the propane.

5. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

Many moons ago I had a class c MH that the fridge stopped cooling I was in TN and needed the fridge so I went to a RV shop.I then took it down the road to a small shop...the guy pulls it out and (his words not mine) wangs on it (basically slaps the coils) pushed it back in an hour later the fridge was cold and I went about my way.Two years later same thing happens at home so I go to the local shop(after wanging on it is unsuccessful) The tech came out looked at it and told me time for a new fridge...I bought a dorm fridge.

6. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Those rv fridges uses ammonia. if it doesnt get cold using the propane and you sure you have a good flame with correct gas pressure and correct venting then you have a ammonia leak. which wont be worth fixing

7. donspicer1

donspicer1 New Member

IT'S MAKING COLD!!!!! [:O] [LOL] [:D]