Refrigerator replacement?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by stromt, Apr 23, 2020.

1. stromt

stromt New Member

I have a 2006 Coleman pop up with a 3.2 cubic ft 3 way fridge. We had a rat get into the camper over winter and chewed through almost all the wiring on the refrigerator. I tried rewiring it but it's still not working, my be a short somewhere or missed a chewed wire. Any way, I really don't want to spend $900+ to replace it since I do not really ever use the 12V or Propane as power sources.
    I can buy a 120V fridge for under $200. Does anyone know whether or not there might be an issue installing a regular 120V fridge and plug it right into the same outlet that the old one was plugged in to?

2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

No problem assuming the 120v wiring is good. It will just take awhile to cool when first plugged in.

3. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

They are cheap and fit right into the hole. No mod necessary.

4. Adam H

Adam H Active Member

A 120v compressor fridge will cool much faster and the temps will be more stable

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Tbh , i always thought about turning the fridge around so you could acess it from out side. Build a partition wall on the interior. But then it would be on the opposite side that you set up on.