REFURBISHING A 95 JAYCO NEED HELP!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by mlsjayco, Jul 7, 2008.

1. mlsjayco

mlsjayco New Member

WHERE CAN I GET THE REPLACEMENT DECALS FOR MY 95 JAYCO? MAINLY NEED THE "BIRD" "JAYCO" AND THE PINSTRIPING. ALSO, IS THERE ANYWAY TO REPAIR A TEAR IN THE CANVAS WHERE IT ATACHES TO THE PLYWOOD? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! THANKS!!

Edited by - mlsjayco on July 12 2008 17:40:40

2. joenowski

joenowski New Member

as far as the decals go i would try your local dealer or contacting jayco direct ,you can do it from their website.I have a jayco ,is the canvas ripped at the corner when you pull it over the bed ends?
    if so we had the same problem and took heavy drop cloth in our canvas color and sprayed adhesived a piece to the inside side of the canvas and so far it has held up for 1yr.

92 jayco nj

3. ccilarry

ccilarry New Member

We are a Jayco Dealer and have verified that Decals for a 95 Jayco are no longer available from Jayco. Their stock has run out. We use a local custom vinyl graphics company to build the decals that are NLA. If you need pics of the graphics we can send them to you.

We repair canvas tears two ways. If the material is not dry rotted than an "over-patch" of canvas material can be sewn in place. There may be a local upholstery shop that will do the work.

If the material is rotted then we pull the tent and send it to Jayco for replacement of the bad areas. Jayco's repair charges are modest, but the labor to R/R a tent is 2.5 hrs flat rate, plus the shipping.

Larry Cunningham
    Jayco Masters Certified & Factory Service Trained
    Cunningham Campers, Inc.

Join Our Used Jayco Owners Group:
    http://parts.cunninghamcampers.com

4. klhayes77

klhayes77 New Member

I just got through repainting and restriping my 96 jayco. The decals that i used were a after market decal that i found on e-bay. The decals didn't have the oval around the jayco bird so i painted it on. It turned out really nice.If you would like to see a picture of it,let me know and i will try to post a picture of it.Here is a link to the decals that i used.
    Kevin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jayco-decal-sticker-rv-trailer-decals-5th-wheel_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ230286010778

5. klhayes77

klhayes77 New Member

Here is a picture of what mine turned out like.The blue still needs a few more coats of paint,but you get the idea.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2489705030103740251lpGzpX