Registration Fee's Colorado

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by CampingFam, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Manper

Manper New Member

The first year of any registration in CO is expensive but it goes down with time. We have a beautiful state and can see much of the tax dollars at work. Quit whining and enjoy your camper

2. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

I've lived in states that were equally beautiful without the ridiculous registration fees. Please feel free to keep whining. I'll happily join you. It's a steaming pile of crap. But, enjoy your camper.

Missed your earlier post ... was looking to your signature for trailer details.

Have fun this season.

3. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]
    Steaming is putting it mildly.

4. Milehighcamping

Milehighcamping New Member

The way I look at it is it all evens out, look at Colorado's property tax, its one of the lowest in the nation. So you paid more in vehicle license fees but saved in property taxes compared to other states.

Not sure what county you live in but in Douglas county I paid under 900 for both my 2011 ram and 2011 E1.

happy camping!

5. justin.kerns

justin.kerns Member

I had to get tags for my TV today. It cost $183 and I'm in City of Aurora in Arapahoe County. The State thinks my Yukon is worth about $13k so that gives you some idea of the correlation.

What I don't know is how the registration cost for campers/trailers compares to that of vehicles.

Oh and yes it's true that our property taxes are some of the lowest in the nation and it's also true that our public education is among the lowest quality of the 50 states. You get what you pay for and I wish my registration money went to education instead of CDOT's and RTD's boondoggles. </soapbox>

6. 14erfam

14erfam Member

- not even close to true!

This gets away from the original post, but this is an often maligned and misunderstood issue. According to a U.S. news article dated Dec. 2012, Colorado Public High Schools rank 15th nationally, and 46th for per pupil funding.

Back on topic, enjoy your camper- and sorry about the high reg. fees.

7. nimrod65

nimrod65 Member

In Wi you Don`t have to register your pup or any utility trailer unless you think you may want to take it out of state. We have beautiful scenery here, too and some great schools. Plus the largest fresh water lake in America. But I think we paid $95 for the one time license fee, and $25 annual after that 2 years ago.

8. eggdashure

eggdashure New Member

Might be a little late to the party...but I about choked when we had to fork over $342.81 to get plates and register our new PUP (2001 Coleman Santa Fe). But, I know it will be less next year. If we had to register our old PUP (94 Flagstaff) this year, it was only like $52.

It's too bad...another activity that costs too much here now is skiing, $129 single day walk-up lift ticket price at Vail. $117 at Aspen. [V]