Regular emails have stopped coming, is there a problem?

Discussion in 'Hey PUP Staff, Let me tell you what I think!' started by Rogerbid, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

Hi there,

I have been receiving emails from you for quite sometime, summarising 'Highlighted posts' in the various forums. However, the last such email arrived on November 16th.

I don't recall how I registered my desire to receive these emails and cannot see where I can restore this setting. Maybe there has been a change to the way the website is run?

If possible, could you please restore the setting so that I can again receive these regular emails? I would be very grateful. I really miss the regular posts.

I should explain I live in Australia and so it is seldom that my own experiences/problems are relevant to this forum so I have not participated in the posts, but I really enjoy reading about peoples adventures with their pups in the USA. I own an Australian Jayco Penguin, having had a smaller Dove previously.

With best wishes to all the administrators,

Roger Bideleux

2. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

No setting have changed that I know of but I will check with the server manager to see if maybe there is an issue.

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

. Just wanted to let you know that even though we may not have the same camp experience and equipment as you we would find it just as interesting to read about your adventures too. Especially since many of us had to store our campers for winter. We rely on people in the south to give us a camp fix. [:D] Although I believe this is your heat of the summer so you probably don’t get out as often I suspect. Happy holidays and have a wonderful new year.

kcsa75 likes this.
  4. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

Hello again and thank you for the quick replies. Yes jmkay1, coming to our hottest time of the year though this year is tipped to be wetter/cooler than usual. I will put up a post about some of our recent trips, thanks for the suggestion.

Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas and many safe travels when Spring comes around,

BelchFire and kcsa75 like this.
  5. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

6. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

I'm in Melbourne, Victoria, in the more temperate SE corner of the continent, so we avoid the extremes of the weather. After a pleasant 21 deg on Christmas Day we are expecting a week in the mid to high 20s next week, ideal popup weather

7. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Thank you. I wish everyone would put their location in the signature.

NLB likes this.
  8. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

Hi again Tom, Thank you for your kind message. My apologies for failure to provide details earlier, this issue now addressed!

I am thrilled with the responses to my enquiry, such a friendly forum.

Looking forward to reading more posts(and contributing some) in the New Year, best wishes to all [AUS] [:D]

kcsa75 likes this.
  9. NLB

NLB Member Silver Supporting Member

Done. Great idea!

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I got emails on a hit or miss basis, so I tend to ignore any changes in frequency

11. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

Hi everyone,

Just following up on the posts above, and letting you know I have posted on the 'Introduce yourself' forum! Sorry for the delay, but Christmas has been something of a distraction!

I have to say that since I started this thread I have still not received any of the once familiar emails featuring 'Highlighted posts'. This is very disappointing because getting the emails in my inbox was a reminder to visit the site and see the items of interest. If anyone can investigate and find out why these have stopped it would be wonderful. I am not sure if I started to receive them because I checked a box somewhere to request them, or if they were just an automatic thing. Either way, I would really like to get them coming again, without them I find I seldom think to delve into the forums!

Thanks and best wishes

12. TheBlurb

TheBlurb Active Member

Same here.

13. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I don't know why, maybe the email server crashed.

14. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

I was pleased to read the post from 'TheBlurb' and to know I am not the only one to experience this!
    PopUpSteve, maybe you could look into this as it is very disappointing. I am sure you have many demands on your time, but anything you can do would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance and best wishes

15. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I heard back for the support techs who maintain the server for PopUpPortal.

We had to migrate off the newsletter system that we were using because the company that created that plug in was acquired by a company we don't trust.
    So we scrambled to find a replacement. We have found it and are rolling out. But the plug in only works on Xenforo 2.2. So before we get back up and running again we are going to upgrade.

2.2 is just a latest version and does not change the user experience in any way. Users should still be getting transactional email. Like registration confirmation and PM notification. Just the newsletter is down.

16. Rogerbid

Rogerbid New Member

Hi again,
    Thank you very much for investigating this Steve, I am very pleased to hear things will revert to the old ways soon!
    I really appreciate your help, and I am sure there will be many others who will also enjoy getting the emails again.
    Best wishes, Roger