Regulator Cap

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by nfisherman, Nov 10, 2014.

1. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

OK, I'm really just posting this to see if I have the picture-posting thing down. It may help someone, though. The cap on the indicator on my changeover regulator fell off. It needs to be covered because it's vented and rain gets in there if it's not covered. I added a cap that was for 1/2-inch PVC pipe. It fits perfectly. A couple of dabs of silicone keep it in place and still let air in and out as needed. ...all for the princely sum of 38 cents.

[​IMG]

2. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Active Member

Thanks....is that the white cap on the top? What is the part that is white out front with the "lollypop" look called? Mine looks to have a small crack on it.

Love your signature line!! Kinda goes along the line of "tuna fish" [LOL]

3. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

I thought the vent was on the bottom? Why have the vent up top? Seems illogical to me.

My phone did this using Tapatalk

4. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

There's a vent on the top just to equalize air pressure and let the red/green indicator move up and down. That's what I covered with the PVC cap. If the regulator needs to vent gas, the gas is released from the bottom of the regulator.

For the other plastic part, I just searched for a "regulator cover" using the manufacturer name and model for my regulator. I found this:

http://store.rvdirect.com/rvdirect/details.php?ProdClass=LP+Gas&ITEM=4500862