remember the old school lights

Discussion in 'Lighting, Interior and Exterior' started by shanna, May 18, 2011.

1. shanna

shanna New Member

ice cream cones, and happy faces is what we had when i was little. anyone know where to find those?

2. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

I dunno.... I've been looking for the old Owl lights like my grandparents had forever, can't find them either!

3. bandc12

bandc12 New Member

4. shanna

shanna New Member

hey i have those! they put out alot of light also for being battery powered. and in the store there $15. i was looking for something more fun though. rofl. i may just keep using those.

5. hahahamilton

hahahamilton Member

I wish I still had the patio lanterns my parents had when we were kids. Haven't been able to find them anywhere.

6. raymonk

raymonk New Member

7. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

8. subvet661

subvet661 New Member

9. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

Old school for me? my grandparents had these plastic lights about 6"w x 8"h x '' or so deep they would hang on their 2 PUP awnings when we would all go camping. There were 4 or 5 colors and on the front they had some random Asian characters, not sure what they spelled out. But seriously, every night those things were turned on ---- to a 7 year old they definitely were MAGICAL and were the most beautiful things I had ever seen. ( I know-- I was a little geek).. I was mesmerized by them. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

10. jwolfe01

jwolfe01 Honeoye, NY

I have a set of the old owl lights, I got them on ebay. Im actually looking for another set, but its kind of tough, as there are 3 or 4 different variations out there and I want a set just like the ones I have. The old ones can get pretty pricey. There is a company making the pastel colored owls again, I had a link but havent been able to find it. Do a couple of different google searches and you can find them.

11. carlr

carlr New Member

We have 2 sets of American Flags that we do the 3 sides of our awning with. We always camp 4th of July week so we have to show our PRIDE. Other times we use rope lighting on the 3 sides but to be honest it was a little too bright so I wired up a receptacle to plug them into controlled by a dimmer. I would be willing to bet we are the only PUP campers with dimming lights. Its all fun...

12. papachaz

papachaz New Member

i like the lantern ones too, i just didn't want to have to buy batteries! if those came in plug in or solar....i might buy some of them anyway and rig a solar panel anyway

13. Albert and Melanie

Albert and Melanie The "pup" Palace

Thanks for this link! I ordered our newly and happily single friend some of the Bud Light lights as a late birthday gift for his camper. They arrived today, and they're so cool, lol. No more pink flamingos [:(O] for him!