remodeling 1969 cox pop up

Discussion in 'Checkout My Rig !' started by Steveusmaximus, Apr 15, 2009.

1. bonair13

bonair13 New Member

under new haven ct craigslist theres is one just like mine for 400........quick people snatch it up

I just got back from a 2500 miles 7 day excursion with my 67 with out as much as a single hitch, well a bike tore the road cover but not bad

08 wrangler jk unlimited
    03 klr650
    90 buick eureka hearse (limo)
    92 bonair ba1000

2. Steveusmaximus

Steveusmaximus New Member

Man you all are getting me impatient to get my trailer ready to go and enjoy.I foresee many fun family outing's with our PUP this Summer and Fall.I am also pumped to refurbish a model of tent trailer that I have grown to love through seeing all of your "babies".This saturday I will have mine home and I will try to send some picts at that time.

1969 cox PUP owner

3. Steveusmaximus

I pick up my PUP tomorrow morning(I can't wait).After looking at other cox owners pictures I think My model is a campmaster 400 series but I am not totally sure on that.I will try to post pictures tomorrow evening.

1969 cox PUP owner

Julie Barnes likes this.
  4. PikevillePanther

PikevillePanther New Member

Can't wait to see it!

http://community.webshots.com/album/562846469qCNobE

5. Funrover

Funrover New Member

Sorry I am gone often... I will help with questions as I can. and the floor left also.. beer stayed hahaha

6. Funrover

Funrover New Member

Here is mine, Xolthrax thanks for the laugh,... I needed that!

http://www.popupportal.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12826&FORUM_ID=15&CAT_ID=18&Topic_Title=Rebuilding+my+camper%21&Forum_Title=My+Favorite+Mods%2C+Tips%2C+Tricks+%28and++Blunders%21%29

7. Steveusmaximus

Well here she is.I will continue to post as the remodel progresses.
    http://community.webshots.com/album/571456775RsyGNG?vhost=community

1969 cox PUP owner

8. Steveusmaximus

Funrover, looks like you have a gem.What year is it?looks like a hardtop so it must at least be from the 70's.It also must be the top of the line for back then since it has a stove and all.

1969 cox PUP owner

9. PikevillePanther

PikevillePanther New Member

Your camper has almost the same layout as mine. I took the sink out because I couldn't see any use for it.

Don't make the mistake I did. My cushions were shot, so I threw them out. I didn't make any measurements on them. So right now, I don't know what I'm going to do about that!

http://community.webshots.com/album/562846469qCNobE

10. Steveusmaximus

I found the measurements for the original cushions on a yahoo cox camper group site.Somone sent in pictures from an old cox camper catalog and it gave the dimensions for everything.The seat back cushions are 47x17.5 the bottom seat cushions are 47x20.5 3 inch thick foam.The mattresses are 48x75 4 inch thick foam.I priced out the foam for the seat cushions at $130 for all four cushions at http://www.thefoamfactory.com/.This is for the top of the line foam made to last for 16 years.The mattresses were between $120-$170 per mattress depending on the quality.I am for sure replacing the seat cushions but I might wait on the matresses and use air mattresses for the time being.I know you can have custom covers made but I have a sister in law that is pretty handy with the sewing machine so I think I can have it done a lot cheaper.

1969 cox PUP owner

11. Funrover

Funrover New Member

Steve - 1971 Cox Connestoga. It is a project, but I love it!

12. Steveusmaximus

Hi everyone,
    I have not been on the forum for a while so I thought I would bring you up to date with some pictures.They can be found at this location http://community.webshots.com/album/571456775RsyGNG?vhost=community.We hope to be using our trailer in a couple of weeks I hope.

Happy camping.

13. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

wow ! I really like the idea of a full soft top PuP ! looks real good so far Steve!

14. Steveusmaximus

Eagle Camper,
    Thanks.I like the ease of setup,just folds out like an accordian.It kind of looks like one of those rolly polly bugs when set up.

Steveusmaximus (1969 Cox Commander)

15. Steveusmaximus

I sighned off last post with 1969 Cox commander but it is a CoX campmaster 425.Sorry.

16. ChefPete

ChefPete New Member

We passed a very old Cox Camper on the way home from camping this afternoon. I didn't have any idea what it was, so I Googled "Cox Camper". The link to this thread was in the top results! I should have just come here first!! [:D] Still, very interesting stuff!!

17. painter97

painter97 New Member

I realize that this post was over a year ago, but I own a 1966 Cox Campsquire and a 1967 Cox Campmaster. The 1966 was my parents that they purchased new in August 1966. Just replaced the canvas top on this camper. After checking with several companies, we went with RVWorkshop.com The lady talked with (or e-mailed) was Sherry Clintsman- 1-800-929-1231. She was most helpful. The canvas cost 860.00 and this included the shipping costs. They also put extra windows at the head and foot of each bed. No extra charge. Took about 8-9 weeks but well worth the wait. We also prchased a roadcover/awning last year from her and it was less than $200.00. Service from RVWorkshop has been nothing but very professional andam very well pleased with the way they took care of our needs. We just purchased this 1967 for our daugher and her husband and family, will be needing top and roadcover and I know where we will going to purchase it.
    There is nothing like those Cox campers, hope you are enjoying yours.

18. billieljaime

billieljaime New Member

I just bought a new to me 1970 cox campmaster 415! Gonna do the interioir in plum and grey!

19. billieljaime

billieljaime New Member

Hi! I am on the finishing touches of my 1969 cox campmaster. I took out the heating, plumbing, ice box. I reinforced the floors and retiled them. I made new cushions and reupholstered them. I reupholstered the bunk beds too. I took the table top off and put a new one one and painted it vintage lime green and metallic prayed the legs. I built a little shelf where the fridge and counter once was. For indoor cooking I have a 1973 griddle/slow cooker combo. Beans and weenies on a rainy day anyone? It actually works really well and I have slow cooked chicken, roast and chillies in it. I painted the outside of the camper dark grey and ordered a new canvas in beige. Should be here by november. I will probably get a new road cover this winter so that the new canvas and road cover match. I have very little left to do in terms of paint and decor. My next biggest worry is sealing the bottom and changing the tires and checking the wheel barings. See i am just a solo lady here and i am kind of "winging it" with this resortation hoping everything i learn can be done better next time..... but really I have no clue how to seal the bottom? And I have no idea what a wheel bearing is...honestly I am a little worried my wheel bearing may be shot and then the 900 I spent on a new caqnvas in wasted...:( At any rate, I hope your resto is going well! I would post pictures but I cant figure out how?

20. billieljaime

billieljaime New Member