Removable stabilizer jacks

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
I just watched a YouTube about a guy in Canada making his own camper. One thing he did was make a channel for the stabilizer jack to side in. Seams like a good idea. I have torn off one of my rear jacks twice.
And here is something else to think about .......... If the dump valve was closer to the tank (on the inside of the frame) an adapter for the hose could be made. The gray water tank valves are usually closer to the tire so clearance isn't a problem but the hose would have to moved to the gray tank valve for drain and flushing ........
I control my black tank valve with a rod to the rear bumper so moving that would not be a problem ....... but I would just have to struggle putting the hose on and off.
Just thinking out loud.
Have to protect my low hanging fruit.

xxxapache

Super Active Member
Jul 30, 2008
I used to set up a trailer that had a side wind pipe mount jack mounted on each corner. They had plenty of ground clearance when turned sideways.

Raycfe

Waterford Ct.
Oct 3, 2007
Waterford, Ct
$100.00 for 2 wow ........... there is a set on EBay now for 75. Saveajack

How about this idea ............ Install mounting bolts hanging down from frame and lock in place with a jam (thin nut) and with a hole drilled in the ends hanging down ...... install the jack ...... insert hairpin clip, etc in the hole (to hold jack in place) ........crank up jack .......