Removing shower/toilet hurt resale?

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by Shannon Brown, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Shannon Brown

Shannon Brown New Member

How bad would removing a toilet/shower hurt my resale? It's a cassette so I guess I could always put it back if need be.

2. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

It will be interesting to hear opinions on this. Personally, I don't think it will hurt re-sale value at all. If I were searching for a pup, it would actually almost discourage me from pursuing buying it. Space is a premium in a pop-up and to me, this is wasting usable space. I always camp in provincial or state parks that have showers and comfort stations though.

3. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I, on the other hand, camp mostly in spots with no services. Having an on board toilet and shower sounds FANTASTIC and I wish, really wish, I had one. If I found out a unit USED to have one, but it was removed, I'd pass.

4. SmilinBeard

SmilinBeard Member

I just might be a deal breaker for me. We had one neither shower nor toilet and traded up. We primarily camp in State Parks [hopefully Provincial soon]. Here are the buts...
    -We also camp National Parks and they have either cold or no showers. Not much fun in cold weather.
    -It is great not having to sit on a cold seat on a cold night.
    -It is nice to not have to walk to the bathhouse in a downpour.

Another problems with removing the toilet/shower are will it look like it never had those things [e.g. will the floor match the rest] and how useful the added space is. I say this because I had a boat that had the head removed. Evidently it was a port-a-pot. looking from the back, things looked pretty good, they took out a bulkhead [wall] and replaced it with a post. There was another short wall [maybe 8 inches high] that kept the potty in place. This had been cut down to about 3 inches and very roughly, without fiberglassing the sawn off edge. It was a hard place to clean.

5. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

If I were shopping, I'd pass on a unit that had had the potty/shower removed. We don't use the shower, but that doesn't mean we never would. The potty is a must-have for us.