Removing the water tank?

cdirk1973

Jun 27, 2020
We have a 1994 Cleman Fleetwood Sea Pine Destiny Series. Since we basically never camp anywhere without water available, we have found that we never use the water tank, and are thinking of removing it to allow for extra storage. It appears that the hoses can be disconnected from the tank easily, but the tank itself has a metal strap around it, and also almost feels as though it might be glued onto the floor? We wanted to remove it in such a way that we could reinstall it if necessary, but I am not sure if that's possible. Has anyone successfully removed a water tank, and if so, how? TIA!

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
How much storage will doing this gain you? There is adequate dead space around the water tank, try using that first. Plus you never know where you may want to camp in the future. Lots of places have volts but no water. I would think about it and make sure its something you can get a gain from.

Milemaker13

Apr 28, 2019
Suburbs of Chicago
We are also going to remove the tank. Same reasons as above.
If boondocked, you can fill that tank ahead of time, then pump pump pump the handle to get a bit of water. Cant wash your hands, cant really even brush your teeth. Yes, you could upgrade and add a pump but we like to keep the pup real simple. We're also going to remove the 3 way fridge and possibly 12v system altogether ( except trailer lights of course, lol).

Goforit

Jun 18, 2020
GA
Did the same also. Removed the tank, cleaned it with bleach then stored it if I ever decide to reinstall. For me the space it opened up was of more value.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Ok. Ill say im wrong on this one. I guess the added space is worth it.
How much storage will doing this gain you? There is adequate dead space around the water tank, try using that first. Plus you never know where you may want to camp in the future. Lots of places have volts but no water. I would think about it and make sure its something you can get a gain from.

GreyFox

Super Active Member
Oct 10, 2018
S Ontario
We have a 1994 Cleman Fleetwood Sea Pine Destiny Series. Since we basically never camp anywhere without water available, we have found that we never use the water tank, and are thinking of removing it to allow for extra storage. It appears that the hoses can be disconnected from the tank easily, but the tank itself has a metal strap around it, and also almost feels as though it might be glued onto the floor?

My 2003 Fleetwood Yuma had a small 10 gal tank mounted within one of the dinette seats and as shown in this pic all that was keeping it there was a metal strap and the hoses attached to it. I can't imagine why anyone would want to glue the tank down, it's not going anywhere as it is. If you don't use it, don't want it, just disconnect the hoses, remove the strap, and lift the tank out.

i1weMdLl.jpg

axSDJDQl.jpg

Last edited:

GreyFox

Super Active Member
Oct 10, 2018
S Ontario
We have a 1994 Cleman Fleetwood Sea Pine Destiny Series.

FWIW, although Fleetwood did offer a Destiny series in 1994 consisting of 5 different models the Sea Pine wasn't one of them. It wasn't introduced until the 1997 model year and had a 10 US gal on floor water tank. ;)

Camper054

Jul 23, 2019
Indiana
Since we bought our camper last year, we camped few times, but never used the water tank. I am however sanitizing it now and putting a new pump to make the system work. I am glad the the 20 gallon water tank is under the floor! So I guess one could camp without having to use a water tank, and want to remove it. I would think twice about it. Not sure where I'd camp, specially if boondocking. Plus when and if you are selling it. Anyway, good luck and happy camping

CarlSP

Jul 30, 2020
Hamilton, Ontario
I just removed our water tank as we also have not used it, but could use the storage. Removing the strap and hoses was all it took. Will hang onto it in case we ever decide to upgrade and sell our current PUP.