Repairing grey water tank

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Purplyn, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Purplyn

Purplyn New Member

Anyone ever repair a grey water tank? There are 2 cracks at the 2 hose areas. Hoping to patch before considering replacement. Are there other things we should be checking for? Trying to see if there should be something to hold this up since it looks like stress cracks.

2008 fleetwood saratoga

Attached Files:

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Do you know how the damage occurred? It looks to me like the material has deteriorated. If that's the case, the fix would only be temporary until the area next to the repair rotted. If you hit something to cause the damage, you could probably find some gas tank epoxy to smear around the cracks.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

If there is nothing holding up the tank i would add strapping or something under it.

eoleson1 likes this.
  4. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

We pulled ours off because it was leaking. Looked for leaks. Found none. Put it back. The connections were kinda shot like yours. I think if you take it off and replace the rubber grommet plug connector thingies (not the technical term, obviously), you might find that it's actually okay. I assume you have the brackets that run fore and aft and just don't show in the photos which are from the side, right?

This is a miserable PITA thing to have to do. :)

5. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I looked at my old photos and that's what mine looked like. Replace them all! Tank might be fine.